Flood Suggestions [Archived]

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Bayrock, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Problems with that is that Donkie would have to pull the current list then someone would have to sort through to find the full names of the songs due to us having to put short descriptions in the songs. Then someone would have to add songs to the list every time someone added something. Idk if donkie could make some kind of plug in of sorts so we could post a thread that had the current list of songs similar to how it is for us admins when we bring up the song list in game. That way we can just scroll through what is uploaded to the server. Donkie did make a point that some of the stuff we want to do with songs and the song list would be way to much work for very little gain. So it would be up to him if it would be worth it or not.

2. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    It's odd enough that the actual song names have not been used in the first place. If we even want to attempt playlist organization, then that's the one damn thing that can't be blown off.

Managing a song list would still be of worth in my opinion. At least we wouldn't be in the dark about a number of things, like actual playlist size, what songs to get rid of, etc. I personally would be more than inclined to sit through every song and find out the names of each--even if it only slightly improves the odds of making it happen.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  3. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Most of the songs I uploaded have the song name in it in some way. We can't use spaces when using a song name and we can't edit the songs either (yet). So if those things ever get implemented, then I will personally spend some time to go through and edit names of mine at the least so they are all in there correctly. I remember Donkie saying that the current playlist of songs cannot go past 300 total entries. Once it goes over that, then the song list goes blank. I think a problem is that us admins have been adding to many "Custom" songs that don't really get played unless one of us is on the server. They don't tie in with the game mode and I think that many of them are not needed and should be pruned to make room for other songs that would go well with the game. Just keep in mind that Donkie has a lot on his plate. He is the only coder we have and even if we had another, he would be hesitant to give out the info to let them change anything. He has a lot on his plate and it's all up to him to decide what he will spend his time on every day.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Yeah you're right. It's a shame I can't help out in any way with coding, though.

5. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Bringing up Juggernaut and Bonus round again.

Me and Bayrock came under the agreement that bonus rounds would be best if dished out by admins during an event. Post an event in the steam community group. An admin in each server (Or 1 admin with a command for all servers) would start the bonus round once a certain number of players are in the server. Bonus rounds could be done at other random times by admins, but not too often.

Ah, Juggernaut round. How I wish thy become reality. It really doesn't sound like it would be so hard. Take the Team round, change it to where the players are not separated down the middle. Instead only 20% of the players are put into a team. That team will get buffs such as double prop health, double prop limit, double damage given, etc, etc,. We could even randomize different buffs for each round played. Other players can decide to team up against the juggernauts or go rouge against everyone. All tied into some amazing "boss music" similar to how pirate round has music of it's own. Come on guys, you can't say that doesn't sound awesome.

Also, We should really get notified of what the next round is going to be before it starts. Many times I have saved my boat and It's turns into a tower round. A notification in the chat box would be easy enough, or just make the screen on the left pop up once the previous round ends and the water is lowering.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

We should have a round where everybody has 1hp and bugbait is disabled.

7. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    There's so many things I want to do for the gamemode and the community but I just don't have the willpower or energy to do it at the moment. I'm sorry but that's the way it is. And that is also why I try to do things that will reach the average player more than the admins.

In the end though, I've come to realise that I most of the time work on what I'm interested in learning, the Jailbreak have been a fun project so far because I've learnt a lot about custom 3d rendering in garrysmod (which is something I've always wanted to touch). Making a juggernaut event however is pretty boring from my perspective, and that is also why I keep asking you guys for help with the things I Also do for the coding, like getting assets and stuff.

If I'm going to make the juggernaut event again, should we re-use the old jugg model we had?

The biggest issue with old juggernaut was that the juggernaut never realised what the fuck to do and it all just came into a really awkward mess. Having more players being the juggernaut can help I guess, but we need some visual cues on what the juggernaut is, both for the juggernaut but also for other players.

8. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I posted Juggernaut player models like 4 months ago or so, they even come in different colors so we can make the juggs red or blue and make the normal people a different color.

Any new game mode takes some time to learn. The box on the left should tell any info they would need to know. After a while most people will know it well enough that any new people can learn from our regulars. It will take some fine tweaking to make sure game play runs smoothly, but I think it is a worth while game mode that sounds very easy to make.

What assets do you need? What stuff? I'll try to help any way I can to get this to happen. But there's only so much I can do.

9. Alex

Alex Mouth from the South

I agree with Decap, if you need runs, or tests of the game, every staff member should help out on testing it. We should talk about it in our next Staff Meeting. We can really get the servers popular and get more people in, and make them stay longer if we make it more enjoyable. If you need any help with creativity or suggestion, I am here. But overall, Decap is right. We should move along with this.

10. Kodie

Kodie Active Member

why dont we make a new server with jailbreak or ttt or dark rp

11. Decap

Decap Super Radman

We already have a Jailbreak server being worked on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933

A straightforward concept. Once in a great while (perhaps about 5% of the time), special rounds will appear that are composites of two or three event types. Debriefing would be provided for any occurrences.

Possible Hybrid Rounds that combine two event types:

The above list indicates that a grand total of 25 unique, viable combinations (!) could be created just by considering Hybrid Rounds that combine two event types. Releasing Hybrid Rounds that bunch three (3) or four (4) rounds together is possible, but the amount of worthwhile selections decreases considerably.

I think this should definitely be looked into. Implementing Hybrid Rounds would allow us to increase our event count by more than three-fold (8 + 25 = 33) and add more interesting scenarios.

__________________________________________________________________________​

Dismissed

I believe that allowing players to scale the sides of boats (like a ladder, albeit up to a certain distance) would be a better method of recovery. It would circumvent the problems associated with using "E" for jumping out of the water.

In other words, you wouldn't be seeing any more human catapults!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Donkie

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    The "E" thing was ment to be the ladder solution. As I said before it works just fine on my local server but I assume ping and lag causes the fuckery. Having a climbable ladder in these circumstances will only add more problems, believe me. I have another idea though.

14. Kodie

Kodie Active Member

Why don't we have perks players can buy with in game cash like speed perk health armor ect. Also have it where it can be perm but you have to pay more like 100k for perm or like a round of extra ammo is 1k for 2 rounds 5k and so on

Also a vip game mode where teams split in 2 and 1 person from each team has to be protected and if they die the other team wins or gets a perk to help kill off the other team

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
  15. Kodie

Kodie Active Member

We need a new rule no insulting and/or team names

Also we need to have a rule no giving out private info

16. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    * * * Ways to simplify the Flood Rules list * * *

Rule 7: Do not money round. (Stall the round to get extra cash and/or shoot dead players props for cash)
    Rule 9: Do not shoot dead players props with the intention of farming money.

Rule 17: No invisible boats. (Transparent boats must not be less than 50% transparent.

Rule 22: Do not use trails as smoke screen.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  17. Kodie

Kodie Active Member

Is that one
    Is that the silver one first row last one

18. Dr. Pit Lazarus

Dr. Pit Lazarus Angelic Web Developer Gold VIP

Damage done to dead people's props are no longer rewards cash or achievements

http://devinity.org/index.php?threads/the-update-thread-changelog.76/#post-4689
    You can no longer earn money from dead props since an update ago. Rule 7 would still be broken because they are stalling the round and earning money by staying alive.
    The color tool's RenderFX needs to be disabled; some of them like hologram you cannot see from across the map.

If you see a material that looks below 50% visibility, tell us!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    No, apparently prop farming still exists because I wouldn't have recently gone through the trouble of filing two ban requests against users doing that.

Edit:

And those two guys that I caught weren't shooting each others' props either.

The end funds, yeah I forgot about those. Sorry about that.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  20. Donkie

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    • I've removed FX, colormodes and opacity from the color tool, will come in next update. (If you give me 2 good reasons I will re-add the opacity meter but currently I don't see any point in decreasing your boat opacity to only 190)
    • Trail is also fixed.
    • Dead player's props no longer gives any cash so that can be removed from the list.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.