Idea fm_Devinity [Map suggestion]

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by classic, Jul 19, 2017.

1. classic

classic Community Member Platinum VIP

Since a lot of you may of not seen the message i posted in discord, under #map_suggestions as some of you don't have access to that channel, I will re-post it here as it may get more attraction.

^^^^
    Here's a video (low quality on a bad pc with bad internet) Originally the rooms were pretty big length wise, I changed them and they have around the same width as the rooms on B12 and also larger in length (still.)

It's a circular map as you can see with 6 rooms, and enough space for players that don't get a room to build large boats. There's no corner rooms obviously since it's a circle, which i think will make everyone more exposed than the current map we have. Meaning you may not see someone that's in the corner behind a broken boat, but i guarantee with this map you'll be able to see everyone very CLEAR. The map also consists of two Public Pools for once again those people that don't get a room, and want to use the water. They can approximately fit around 12 people with large boats, if not more.

We used the same textures as B12_canals on the walls, floor, but on the big outer wall we changed it to a different texture we thought worked well with the other B12_canals textures. The font above rooms is the same on Canals, same as the lights.

The map also consists of a Skybox which is better themed than what b12 canals has which is just randomly placed buildings, We have mountains and we're thinking of adding some sort of tower (not too sure just yet) but we're going to improve on the skybox as this thread is made to give you guys some in-sight of what me and my friend have worked on so far, and if this map were to be introduced to devinity, I'd like to know what you guys like best, and would want to see on the map.

We also added a Devinity Logo on the wall in Blue, we may remove the blue outline in the future depending on the feed back i get. Which has @Donkie's and @Bayrock's name on it, and who the map is by.

Map size - There's enough space to fit over 28 players, as people have brought to my attention, "What if solo players take every room" meaning players without a team, then there'd be 22 players without a room.
    Well the answer to that question is simple, Yes we could fit the other 22 players without a room on the map, the Public pool areas are pretty big, and majority of the player's will go in there, and there will be a few in the centre, like there always is on B12_Canals.

Also with corner rooms people tend to break rules by prop trapping/blocking the doors and other players because everyone is urgent to get those two rooms because they know it's the best place to be. In this case everyone will be equal, i'm not saying it still wont happen, but maybe not as often.

I will post some screenshots of the map now, I would appreciate some feed back negative or positive, as that is why i'm posting this thread. Thank you and i hope you like it ;)

Bird's Eye-view of the map:
    [​IMG]
    Player scale:
    [​IMG]
    Devinity Logo/credits
    [​IMG]
    Width/length of pools inside the rooms:
    [​IMG]
    Bird's Eye-view of player rooms:
    [​IMG]
    Public water area for testing boats (pretty big):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Expanix

Expanix Community Member

I don't see the point of adding credits to the map... to me it looks horrible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. classic

I was thinking of removing the blue background of it and just putting white writing on the wall next to the public water space. Like the credits on b12_canal but white and not black.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  4. FrozenHumanity

FrozenHumanity Member Gold VIP

Just add a Devinity logo on the wall like I was going to do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. classic

Done, will upload a picture when I'm home, thanks for the feed-back. ;)

• Like Like x 1