1. Hello Guest, if you need help, wish to post feedback regarding our community/servers/staff or report game-breaking bugs, you're free to do so here.
    Dismiss Notice

Get rid of the "Discouraged list'

Discussion in 'Feedback & Support' started by Mapplesauce, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

That was the idea of the thread

Ty I guess

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    He said jk at the end if you missed it.

3. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    He gets what I mean lol

4. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

lol pretty sure he realized given counter said the thread is locked and it obviously isn't locked considering he posted

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    I discouraged Rick because I wanted him to see it as a warning. I couldn't ban him because I didn't have any shit on him, but he's still a huge pile of shit since he returned and I've yet to see anything constructive from him. I didn't talk to Rick before-hand because he already received a huge warning by getting banned for a whole month.

Just because we're a community doesn't mean we need to have a global majority voting for every single action to take place. Last few months I've realised I can't sit by and idly watch this place turn into a pile of shit, banning Firedraft, Ethan and Rick was probably the most satisfying decision I've taken in a long time for this community.

I can't believe how you (mapple and silver), honestly can defend Rick in this, why do you still want him here? Why are we "upper admins" forced to look at every situation objectively and not personally, while you clearly look past all the shit he does. You never look at him from a professional point of view, because if you would, you would've agreed with my decision on this.

I used to be a close friend with Rick, but after he resigned and got banned, all my personal emotions are pretty much gone.

• Like Like x 4
  6. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

I am not defending Rick, I just don't like the use of the discourage system, that is all.

7. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Put it like this, discourage did what it was meant to do. Since he was taken off of it, he has calmed down a lot at least here on the forums. the fact that it's only been used a few times shows that occasionally for some people, you need to handle them with different methods. It's not like we are putting everyone on this list, just the utterly troublesome people.

8. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

I don't really see what you're arguing here.

These two statements are contradictory in my point of view. First, you suggest that situations should be handled personally, then you state that we should be taking things professionally. I don't know about you but looking at things objectively without personal bias is more professional to me. For me, it feels like we are looking at this in a professional point of view, sure his posts are pretty shitty and sometimes annoying but I don't see how they break the rules. I don't think it's really his fault if people get offended. That's looking at it professionally- you can't really punish someone if they didn't break any rules, and it doesn't seem like he's loopholing any either.

Regardless the point of the thread isn't to defend Rick, its to restrict the usage of this discourage mechanic. You're suggesting this should be used as a warning, but why? Can't you just warn with a pm? Again, if someone is disobeying warnings you can simply do a more professional punishment such as a ban.

This only serves to frustrate the person being punished and will probably only encourage them to keep fucking around, kinda like reverse psychology.

If you're going to use this, at least state somewhere that you are allowed to use it depending on "x" situation. One of my main concerns is that staff can easily abuse this given Rick didn't technically break any rules but it was OK to use it against him. It seems this can be used easily on anyone just for simple disdain, especially if there's a bandwagon of hate against the person, which is not fair.

9. Rick

Me 'calming down' has nothing to do with being put on the discouraged list, if anything that riled me up even more.

10. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Not from my perspective. Before that you were still causing all kinds of issues and being a big headache to most of us. Now not so much.

11. Rick

I feel like I'm in a better position than you to say.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.