Idea HC-XD Explosion Weapon "Pickup"

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Seth, Sep 30, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a remote controlled explosive hover car in the game if implemented correctly?

1. Yes (give feedback and comments)

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No (give feedback and comments)

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Maybe a different kind of car... (give feedback and comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

I would like to, pickup, the topic of the remote controlled explosive craft that hovers above the water. Now, the reason this idea was dropped last time and pretty much aborted was because I tried to cram too much information and ideas into one post, it was terrible, so, starting off simple. (it also might've been aborted because it was too complicated idk).

- Have a remote controlled car as a weapon that hovers over the water, you will be able to drive it over to peoples boats, and either blow them or their props up, maybe some of both. (Not sure if you're aiming that rocket correctly? have no fear, the HC-XD-EX can be used for precise exploding purposes).

DETAILS:

1. The craft will have the ability to hover above the water

2. The craft will be remote controlled by a pad or remote in your hands

- you won't be able to do anything else (including moving) while controlling the craft.

3. The craft can be destroyed by bullets and other destructive devices, basically anything that would damage props.

4. The craft will have the ability to move in 8 directions, North, North East, East, South East, South, South West, West, and North West. (Horizontally, Vertically, and Diagonally).

- The craft will also have the ability to jump while moving in these directions

5. The crafts explosion damage will be able to upgrade on some or one of the interfaces (not sure which one yet).

- The craft will have either separate or combined upgrading for damage of player health and damage of prop health (still undecided).

- It will have a max of 2-6 upgrades (still undecided), and you will decide whether or not you wish this bomb to damage players or props more.

- Resets on upgrades, kind of like a re spec on skill points, will be available for a price.

6. The crafts explosion will not induce a fire effect upon props or players.

STATS:

- CAR:

Cost: Very Expensive (it is fancy) - $45,000 (?)

Ammo: One use item, can use once per round after bought - 1 (?)

Health: Low health - 50HP (?)

Speed: Fast, but not too fast - (?)

Buoyancy: N/A - It hovers above the water.

Firing/Shooting Type: You throw it - Thrown (?)

- UPGRADES (Using 2 upgrades as an example, could be more or less):

Prop Damage Upgrades;

Damage:

- base damage - 10 in an area (?)
    - after 1st upgrade - 15 in an area (?)
    - after 2nd upgrade - 20 in an area, the same as an RPG shot without the fire effect (?)

Cost:

1st upgrade - $10,000 (?)
    2nd upgrade - $20,000 (?)

Player Damage Upgrades;

Damage:

- base damage - 5HP (?)
    - after 1st upgrade - 10HP (?)
    - after 2nd upgrade - 20HP (?)

Cost:

1st upgrade - $25,000, should cost more since it is actual player damage (?)
    2nd upgrade - $50,00, very costly but very powerful, something you really gotta save up for (?)

The amount of ideas, attachments, and add-ons possible based off of the craft are unthinkable! This whole thing is just ONE small example! Please give me TACCC (Tips, Advice, Comments, and Constructive Criticism) about this idea and let me know, whether privately or with a reply, if I missed something that you think needs to be brought up here! Questions like, is the type of car we want to add? Should we give it different abilities and stats? Should we limit it's movement more? Think about those and give a constructive and creative reply (or just give a comment ;3). Thank you.

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    To be honest doesn't really fit the theme of Flood and would be crazy complicated to successfully implement. Really don't see the point, not do I think this is what the devs should be spending time on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Seth

That's kind of the response I expected so I was not actually getting my hopes up, I agree with you there on that point. This is not a problem I have other ideas that would go better with flood, also more simple xD. I was just not 100% sure if that was the reason this idea was dropped last time, if you KNOW that, then yeah I'm willing to completely drop this idea. Even if you don't know but have a strong idea, which it seems you, then I'm fine.

4. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer Platinum VIP

Hey Seth,

I have to agree with Wolf, for several reasons.

While I like the idea, realistically its probably not something that would get implemented, simply due to its complexity. Its a very creative idea but, the amount of work that would need to be done just to have one functional feature, probably could have added 10 simple things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Magic Fraps

Magic Fraps Member

Well i like the idea but there are other items / problems that need atancion first this seems like something extremly hard to make work even tough i would love seeing this ingame since the idea is amazing. personaly i would thing this more as a item that would be only usefull near end when the rockets ect were used since being a frozen rook could kill you when youre prop gets destroyed you stand on if it gets implemented. so it woudnt be a realy "usefull" item to use since it shoundt have enough hp to travel across the map if people realise it even if it has the speed.

6. Seth

I agree with both of you, I understand why this won't work but will not be discouraged and will continue to come up with great new ideas for Flood! Thank you for your feedback.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Kolser

Kolser Cheeki Breeki Silver VIP

Quite a nice idea but maybe we could:
    * Tweak this weapon's damage?
    * Make it permanent (don't have to pay for it every time you use it)?
    * Have some loud sounds for players to know that this car is coming?
    * Have upgrades reset every round?
    Kinda neutral for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.