How Suicide Squad should of been made (SPOILERS) Part 1-Characters

Discussion in 'Interests' started by Derfboy the fish, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Derfboy the fish

Derfboy the fish Dedicated Member

Now that I am back from New York, and that I have seen the movie twice, once in Imax and once in a regular theatre with no effects, I can say make my version of the movie I would of liked to see. Just to point a few things out, these are all my opinions, I thought the movie was decent, not as bad as the critics said but not as good as some of the fans said. A decent movie, so this will be like a 3 part series throughout the day probably (Due to character limitations that suck) and each section will touch in a different part of my version of the movie. Lets start with going over all the characters.

SPOILERS BEYOND HERE​

So lets quickly go over what I liked about the movie, the casting was spot on (Minus two characters) Lets explore all the characters and how I would write them into my movie.
    • Rick Flag the leader-Joel Kinnaman did a decent job as Rick Flag but overall he had a bland performance, he was not memorable, if you inset Tom Hardy into the role and you have a badass Rick Flag. But hey, we got Joel Kinnaman so what ever, so for the story plot, Rick Flag would be a better badass for me, you would see more of a relationship with him and Enchantress, and he would be a better leader that doesn't keep getting defeated. Now a quick spoiler for Part 2 or 3, I am changing the bad guys, which will give Rick Flag a lot more intensity and fighting power. But more on that later in the day.
    • Griggs (The corrupt prison guard played by Ike Barinholtz)-one of my favorite characters in the movie, in my opinion he had no real finale though, you just saw him get threatened by a bunch of the Suicide Squad members and he got scared, and that was it. No more Griggs, like wtf movie, I am not saying spotlight everything on Griggs, but at least give him a little resolution or something, not just him getting written out of the story. He could of had a really funny ending of some sort but nope, nothing.
    • Deadshot was one of the most focused characters in the movie, which is not bad, in my version of the movie his character would have his story explained due to a different plot but he would still have the same back story and everything, I really liked his scene with Batman. The one scene I did not like was when he did not shoot Harley, I feel like they did not have enough together to not have him shoot Harley, unrealistic in my opinion, in my version of the movie I would try to make the characters feel more like a team and have more moments together and feel more like a family. Another spoiler for the future parts for me. Also let Deadshot wear the mask more, this is Deadshot we are watching, not Will Smith.
    • Harley Quinn, amazing job by Margot Robbie. Margot Robbie just made herself a top actress in Hollywood after this performance and it is well deserved. She acted like Harley, looked liked Harley, she was Harley. What I would do to add to her character is make her be more conflicted with The Joker, more on this when I get to The Joker but with what I would do to The Joker would give her more character. It would also make her conflicted, she needs to choose The Joker or the Suicide Squad. As for taking stuff away from her character, nothing at all.
    • Jared Leto, his portrayle of The Joker was not bad at all, not the best, nut not bad. Yes everyone is conflicted about him and split down the middle of either loving him, being ok with him, or hating him. I was ok with him. I would not change the appearance, I am ok with him being the price of organized crime, and all that stuff they did with his character. I would make him a lot more ruthless to Harley though and show how insane he is. He would beat Harley more and instantly start making out with her. It would also help show how messed up he made Harley. He would go from a decent antagonist to a straight asshole we love to watch. His character would also be affected massively by my new plot.
    • Katana, I am ok with her having barely any lines, and all that, but her main point was to be Rick Flag's body guard, and they forgot that within 2 minutes of announcing it. She would stay very quite, but I would take her character and make her a true bodyguard, having her feud with the other teammates over the protection of Rick Flag. Rick Flag had the detonated which served as his main protection, I would keep the detonated but add Katana as a actual threat to the other members. Also another wtf moment movie, why did you explain her entire backstory (Which took 30 seconds), in the last 20 minutes of the movie, it was like they forgot about her till the last few days of filming and said, "Oh ya, I forgot, we have Katana, oh just grab her and film a quick 30 second scene for filler." In my version I would actually develop her for future movies, not just this dog pile, and we don't even know what happened to her. JESUS MOVIE WHY EVEN HAVE KATANA IN THE MOVIE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    • Killer Croc is a badass, not in Suicide Squad, he just kinda sat there, the bad guys ran up to him and he just kinda slammed them to the ground, and was there. Just like Katana I would go into his backstory a little more and give him more lines than just "Yup", "I like her", "Shorty", and "I am beautiful". My version would have him not care about anything but himself and he would be a dull character. Typically dull characters are not good but what is there to his character, he is a Crocodile Human that is a bad ass. He would be ruthless and not a Black Guy stereotype calling people Shorty and a fan of BET. Plus there would be a comedic touch because of his dullness.
    • Captain Boomerang-My main issue with him is he had no purpose to help the team, he was good at breaking into places and throwing Boomerangs. Against a fucking witch is not helpful to the team. So with my new plot he would actually be helpful, and it would also help show off how much of an asshole he is and how he cares about nobody. His character would also get a little more back story and he would still come off as an asshole. Just a better asshole that actual holds a purpose. Plus his ending resolution would be funny, not just throw him back into a cell with no resolution.
    • Enchantress-The second bad performance in this movie. Cara Delevigne was bad, plain and simple, and in my version Enchantress would not play a bad guy, which would mean more film time for her, which would probably mean more bad acting. So whatever, it happens, or just get a new actor. But as for her character, I liked the back story of Dr. Moone finding Enchantress and getting possesed and falling in love with Rick Flag, so I would keep it. Throughout the movie Enchantress would be a key villainous character, slowly plotting her plan to overthrow everyone, but can not because of 3 reasons. She is still to weak, Dr. Moone and Enchantress fight over the body and at times Dr. Moone will be in control, and at times Enchantress will be in control, and Enchantress has her heart captures and can not do anything about this. Throughout the movie we will see Enchantress is the most powerfull of everyone, and when she does overthrow everyone, it will be in another movie, either Suicide Squad 2 (Which will probably never happen now), The Justice League (My personal choice), or another movie like Wonder Woman. In the future movie more will be on the line for Rick Flag and the overthrow will feel a lot more emotional.
    • Enchantress's Brother-Save him for the next movie and alter her brother ALOT, but as for Suicide Squad 1, he will get a cameo at the second end credits scene (In my movie I will have to end credit scenes)
    • Splitknot (The one villain in the movie just so he can die)-He is not in the movie, what they did with him was a disaster.
    • Diablo-I liked Diablo, keep him how he was and his backstory but just like everyone else, introduce him earlier so we do not learn his entire backstory in the final part of the movie. He will still be conflicted from killing people but in the end learn he must kill to do good and he can even still have his heroic ending. I will get more into what happens to him in Part 2 or 3.
    • Amanda Waller. Viola Davis was amazing in this movie, she killed the role. Amanda Waller was a true asshole in this movie, which I liked, and in my version Amanda Waller will be...an asshole. She will care little about civilian lives, her own military, the Suicide Squad's lives, just the mission's success. She would be a ruthless anti-hero and it will build her character for future movies like the Justice League. Also, no scenes where they need to save her from a building, that was a terrible plot twist and it also took a lot away from her character. Once she was rescued I felt the movie took a step backwards. So lets not make sure anything stupid like that happens.
    So there we go, I went over all the characters, expect probably 2 more parts. Part 2 will go over the Plot, and Part 3 will go over anything I missed and touch up on some mistakes I have missed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    We already had a suicide squad thread, you should have posted this there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Derfboy the fish

I know but this is just a lot easier. I am also posting the part 2 and 3 but I decided to do one part a day. So tomorrow I am posting part 2 and the next day part 3.
    Edit*Also this is not exactly directed towards discussing about the old movie, it is discussing how I think the movie should of been and I am typing out a full thing of what I wanted it to be, the comments would of been to long and because of the character size it would of came off as more annoying than anything.

4. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    Anything related to Suicide Squad no matter what would go into the thread, that's to prevent clutter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Derfboy the fish

So you just want to clutter the Suicide Squad thread, plus I am not spamming the thread, I am posting well typed/thought out posts and I am not going to be limited by the comments and keep spamming the comments to fulfill my needs, if you really want I will just delete this post and stop before I make more.

6. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    ? I never said anything about spamming, I have no idea where any of what you said just came from. By Clutter I meant on the Interests section.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Derfboy the fish

Clutter and spam our very similar words, synonyms. The internet definition of clutter is "crowd (something) untidily; fill with clutter." The internet definition of spam is "send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet." I understand you can, and you might, make the case that they are both things, but never the less they are similar and I chose to use the word spam instead of cluster. If you really have to just look at the word spamming in my other reply and replace it with clutter.

8. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood

• Like Like x 1
  9. Derfboy the fish

I know, but as I have said I stated my reason for posting outside of the Suicide Squad thread.

10. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    Yeah that's fine, just figured Decap's OCD might take over

• Like Like x 1
  11. Derfboy the fish

Due to the lack of interest I am ending this mini series. To sum up what I would focus on the villains being the terrorist group Onslaught causing trouble in the middle east and the Suicide Squad would be called on to stop them. Joker would be a bigger threat in this movie. The movie would end up being a longer one then it is already. I had everything planned out and I could still make the story, but only if people request it.