1. Hello Guest, if you have been banned from our servers and wish to be unbanned, you must read this thread in order to have your appeal processed by our staff members.
    Dismiss Notice

Denied It's Not Racist

Discussion in 'Unban Requests' started by Taco444, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taco444

Taco444 Member

Iv'e been getting harassed by members of staff, they say my name is racist even though it's not. My friends are all black and since we've been taking Spanish, we've been saying "negro". Negro is not racist, it means black in Spanish and Nigro is another word that means black in another language. I am not a racist, but race-bating and calling out what appears to be racism without looking at context is not right. To prove my point even further, you wouldn't ban a team name if it said "Blanco". It is also ridiculous to claim that my team name is offensive when there is profanity in some team's names, My name has never offended anyone and never will because it's not racist.

- My team name was Nigro and got banned for racism

https://glosbe.com/en/eo/black

Nigro is a word btw ^ - not racist

2. RedRazor

RedRazor Active Member

You would have changed it if you didnt mean trouble. Just saying

3. Taco444

Taco444 Member

I didn't change my name because there is nothing wrong with it. Plus how was I retaliating when you never gave me an order? you gave me a recommendation and then perma banned me because u claim my name is racist without context. I want to ask you, how is my name "Racist"?

Poe's law is an Internet adage that states that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers or viewers as a sincere expression of the parodied views.

4. Taco444

Taco444 Member

Niger = A country
    Niga = National Indian Gaming Association
    ~snipped~ = a word not even remotely close to what I actually said

Major Race-Baiting, not appreciated

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
  5. Taco444

Taco444 Member

If it is not breaking any rules then I wouldn't need too
    I've proven my point on how it's not racist therefor I never broke rule #9
    If you really wanted people to not get offended then ban the next person who uses profanity

6. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    As said, 'niger' is a phonetic term and we may misrepresent the word as it's closely/distinctively related to '~snipped~' I specifically warned you to change your teamname and you simply refused & questioned me. I honestly don't care about "Poe's law" since it doesn't correlate to our server rules. I deem 'niger' as an offensive term/teamname, so therefore you should change it. Not hard.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
  7. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    I'm going to deny this appeal since you think it's funny to be a smartass. You genuinely piss me off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    We generally advise to steer clear of phonetic words that may look like derivatives of offensive phrases––even if they have a different meaning. This is because (1) it's the internet and (2) there are people out there that may want to bypass word filters presented before them. It's the way that it is because others have ruined it for the rest.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.