Life vest

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Derfboy the fish, Aug 16, 2016.

?

Would you want to see a life vest?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derfboy the fish

Derfboy the fish Dedicated Member

It has been awhile since I made a post like this, so here is the next idea I came up with, the life vest. You would be able to deploy this life vest (Single use per round) at anytime during the flood round and it would have a 10 second life span where you are not hurt being in the water, at the same time though, you have your weapons stripped. All you can do is get from boat to boat without taking damage. This could be very helpful for 2 situations.
    1-At the end of the round if your boat breaks and you are about to die, deploy your life vest.
    2-You can get from boat to boat a lot easier.
    The cost for the life vest should be around 30k-40k for unlimited usage or 10k-15k for single usage. What I am saying is the life vest does not need to be something you permanently get, if we do choose to implement a life vest, we need to decide to do one option or the other.
    So that was my idea, feel free to give any feedback possible, negative or positive. Thank you for reading my post.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  2. Rollie

Rollie Devine Member Gold VIP

I did vote no but if it's abuse proof then I wouldn't mind actually. Just as long as they can't take off the vest and have to wait 10 seconds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Derfboy the fish

Derfboy the fish Dedicated Member

What would come down to having the life vest is the coding, just like everything. This is just a idea, in my mind I did not want the vest to be able to be taken off early.

4. The Wolf Whisperer

The Wolf Whisperer Alpha Wolf

I really like this idea and would enjoy seeing it implemented into the game in the future!

5. Rollie

As long as th can't put on the vest when their boat is destroyed swim towards your boat across the map, let's say a team of 4, take off the vest and destroy your boat with m24's.

6. Kolser

Kolser Cheeki Breeki Silver VIP

Really nice idea, it can help a lot with "M24 tactic;" where you build a small boat near your enemy's room and destroy everything that you can before your little one will be destroyed. After that you have to swim through the whole map to reach your big boats.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Legacy™

Legacy™ Dedicated Member

This sounds like a cool idea. I was thinking maybe add something like while you have your life vest on and your travelling through water you have a chance to lose 10% of your ammo or something and it will say something like "You lost some of your ammo while swimming". This is only to balance it a bit since you take 0 damage while swimming. Just an idea let me know your thoughts.

8. Rollie

Yea that's exactly what I don't want.

9. Kolser

Kolser Cheeki Breeki Silver VIP

We can still balance it with "50% chance for life vest to break" or for example if Life Vest will work only 10 secs and you are still in the water by the end of this time, player will instantly go on the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rupet Opal

Rupet Opal Member

Sounds cool but might be hard to control the abuse factor for players that use rush+retreat tactic.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.