list ur favorite anime and ill tell u critically why its a piece of shit

Discussion in 'Interests' started by Mapplesauce, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

...like how much I like x person and how much I like y person? because as stupid as it is some might get offended or whatever

2. Mapplesauce

i mean I won't be surprised if he gets salty but I doubt he'll actually dislike me as a person

3. Ethan

Ethan Emo

Firedraft.
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mapplesauce

i like firedraft but I don't really know him well enough for a serious opinion

tho ik a lot of the fucking staff hates his guts but most of them aren't open about it, and others, uh, not so much

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ethan

Ethan Emo

6. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    TELL ME WHY ANOREXIC DORITO GAY ASS IS BAD
    (its a justified name)

7. Mapplesauce

geass was a story about a bunch of fucking no muscle doriotos on an adventure on the biggest train wreck possible with random shit being added to the train, to the point where the train is starting to collapse. there are so many damn things on the train, from deus ex machina, shitty ass pulls, two dimmensional doritos, jibun wo sekai ichi, tables, random ass mecha, and a shit tier waifu. luckily, lelouch the best dorito of them all carries the train as hard as possible and barely maintains all of the random shit on the train until the ending, aka the destination: a beautiful, 5 star hotel that hasn't been tarnished by the train.

that's honestly the best I can describe that dorito infested show

1/10 shit taste in china cartoons

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mapplesauce

My favorite anime Tsundere steel Renkin Cancer surgery nurses of clothing

9. Rollie

Rollie Devine Member Gold VIP

1.Cowboy Bebop
    2.Akira
    3.Ghost in the shell(1995)

10. Mapplesauce

o boy dis gonna be hard

cowboy bebop

one of the main flaws of bebop lies in its lack of originality- hear me out before you ready your pitchforks. the creator is known as a fan of American cinema, and this is evident in how much the creator borrows from western media and pop culture in general. here is a list of things he used which isn’t all of them: Antonio Banderas, Bruce Lee, John Woo, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Convoy, Biggie Smalls, Donald Duck, various mythologies and folktales, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Bill Evans, Stray Cats, Alien, blaxploitation films, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Queen, George Clooney, Led Zeppelin, Django and other spaghetti westerns, Herbie Hancock, American and Japanese professional baseball, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Jean-Luc Godard, Batman, B.B. King, Beverly Hills 90210, John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, The Unabomber, Heaven's Gate and Marshall Applewhite, Kiss, film noir, The Beatles, Sleeping Beauty, Bonny & Clyde, Ziggy Stardust, Charlie Parker, Woody Allen, Star Trek, Cool Hand Luke, and Taxi Driver. references in character design and dialogue are forgivable, but when it straight up copies scenes and plots then I think it can be held against the show. for a show known for its creativity, it’s pretty strange how it’s actually one of the main flaws.

another one of the flaws is that only like 8 episodes are actual masterpieces. for the most part, the rest weren’t nearly as engaging and were frankly quite predictable. it’s especially predictable if you know about the stuff the creator borrowed to write the plotline of the episodes.

lastly, in an episodic show like bebop, a re-occurring villain should be interesting and well written. Vicious is pretty damn boring. we don’t really know any of his motives because there wasn’t nearly enough monologues to flesh out his character, and he’s just pretty lame. Dio from JoJo wasn’t necessarily well written and was super cliché but at least he was pretty damn cool.

in a nutshell cowboy bebop is massively overrated and is trash

(writing this actually hurt me emotionally and perhaps physically so don’t remind me of this, cowboy bebop is one of my favorite shows as well)

akira

this is honestly the worst "anime classic" the industry has to offer. sure its a pretty cool and unique setting, but when you get right down to it its just a bunch of fuckers killing each other with nonsensical deaths and nonsensical physic powWERS!!!! the setting isnt even explained and honestly seeing people beat the crap out of each other gets a bit repetitive when its used so frequently. probably one of the most significant flaws is the lack of proper characterization: we don't know the fucking motives and why we should care about any of the characters in this damn movie. only like one character is properly developed and even then it isnt that great.

the worst flaw by far is the ending. that shit is one of the worst endings ive ever seen. it's creepy, badly written, and plain dumb.

Ghost in the shell 1995

its really difficult to criticize this show, not because its super good but because it would just be super long. the main issue is that it tries extremely hard to be thought provoking, which it definitely does well sometimes, but at many times it doesnt know how to present the points at all with poor dialogue and dumb writing decisions. i'll leave it at that, too tired to do anymore

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Commooonity

Commooonity Active Member

Cory in the House.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mapplesauce

rock hard aids and dank memes

13. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    Yeah, that's right. Don't even try to critique that masterpiece.

I'm curious what you have to say about Serial Experiments Lain, Ergo Proxy, and Flowers of Evil.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Firedraft

Firedraft Devine Member Silver VIP

Alright here is my REAL list.
    Clannad - Second Story. First season was slow as fuck
    Zero No Tsukaima
    Golden Time
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. ( The flower we say that day).
    The Irregular at Magic High School
    Toaru Majutsu no Index
    Is This a Zombie?
    Guilty Crown

Toradora (My opinion - Way to fucking slow)
    Accel World
    Rosario + Vampire

Soooo many more. Will post when I remember.

15. Rollie

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Firedraft

I got it.

Shit

jk

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Rollie

That reminds me of someone. A rapper that goes by the name of kid cudi.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Rollie

Me and @Bayrock have good taste in anime, I suggest everybody here to start taking notes, cause we're dropping gems.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Mapplesauce

saying MOST of this makes me cringe so hard, mostly the first fucking 2 words of the ergo proxy mini review

lain

obnoxiously slow pacing, with scenes that do nothing but drag the plot on. the themes were developed lazily and didn't develop and focus on them well enough, and only merely brought them up

ergo pretentious

ergo pretentious had characters that i didn't find engaging at all even if they were fleshed out ahem perfectly ahem and the pacing was pretty awful if i remember correctly, i remember like barely any shit happened for a significant amount of episodes. it was filled to the brim with dialogue which i like, except when the show features a shitton of dialogue that accomplishes virtually nothing and serves to be pretentious and super smert

flowers of evil

i did not watch it and that is why it is objectively fucking shit

just make a mal which is honestly a lot more fun then it sounds

bruh i aint making cynical reviews for all of those though i definitely can because all of the shows you mentioned i disliked other than clannad and toradora (which was still pretty mediocre and holy hell melodramatic)

like zero no tsukaima and guilty crown? you rlly do not need to think for a second about how ridiculously dumb the shows are

ill just do toaru majustu no index cuz i rlly wanted to like it but then i ended up hating the shit out of it

ridiculously bad characterization, like one of the worst ive seen in anime, and an apeshit amount of cliches in each episode. like literally the show starts with a hyperactive loli who eats a lot who breaks into a generic selfless lazy shonen betafag's house and then demands food and then clothes are ripped and then blushing occurs and abuse and then dumb magic elements are explained and then its revealed the main character has an overpowered power he didn't do jack shit to desrve and then its high school themed and then he sits next to the window in the corner of the room and then he gazes out and wonders why hes fucking autistic in school and then the teacher is a fucking loli and then theres the comic relief perverted asshole alphafag kids who sits next to him and then a tsundere appears and then generic forgettable ED cue credits

one episode

one episode had all of that

it seriously doesn't even get much better, it seems like it does sometimes and then just drops in quality sometimes even lower than the first episode (kazakiri arc aka rock hard autism 0/10 would not fap to again. dont end ur show with an arc so bad it rivals boku no pico in quality, you want to end ur show with an arc ur audience wont forget. seriously.). literally all the villains are edgelords who think they're the shit and then get fucked up by the overpowered iq of a rock of an MC jesus-kun and realize that they just got fucked up by a kid who pretends hes super weak but the power of guts can save him. then the shit tier waifus uncontrollably ejaculate everywhere after seeing him fist fight, which by the way was fucking terrible. if you know martial arts in real life or even boxing, you would cringe. he just like jabs the fuck out of people and people act like hes good at boxing. it's seriously glorified street fighting, nothing more. if i were in a fight with that dumb piece of shit i'd beat his ass with no scratches, guaranteed, fuck that kid

the science side was pretty cool of the show (railgun) until it blatantly starting making up shit on the spot to justify using science!!1111111111 powers!1111111111111111111

the magic side was literally who could make up powers that sound cooler wins

show is dumb 2/10 needs more misaka

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Firedraft

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. ( The flower we say that day). Tho.

• Like Like x 1