1. Hello Guest, if you need help, wish to post feedback regarding our community/servers/staff or report game-breaking bugs, you're free to do so here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Money abuse?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Support' started by C.L, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.L

C.L Anonymous Alcoholic

Right now we have the system that gives you 5k when you're low on money. And unfortunately i've seen alot of people abusing this system. The majortity just gives the money to their friends and abuse it that way, and obviously you can get alot of money with in a short period of time this way. So maybe we should reduce it so you can only get the money 'X' amount of times a day so you cant abuse it that hard. Just a thought though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. classic

classic Community Member Platinum VIP

This has come up a lot in the past, unfortunately i don't see the point in removing it. If the person wants to be an asshole and cheat to win, and log on multiple accounts and or get his friends to give him the money on multiple accounts, fuck them. If you see anyone with a high amount of cash or someone that is stacked on hats or some shit, tell @counter or @Dawson they will most likely be able to check where the money has come from whether it's been earned from rounds, or been given by other users.

In regards to when it gives you money i'm pretty sure there's a big cool down on it, so if the person that is attempting to abuse it will have to wait an hour or more to get 5000 doesn't seem worth the trouble in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. C.L

C.L Anonymous Alcoholic

I am not sure about the cooldown, because i just played and i've seen this guy get 5k every 3rd round when he got below 1k.? Mabye i am just misunderstanding something on my part.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. classic

classic Community Member Platinum VIP

I'm not quite sure on the cool down, don't quote me on this because I haven't played in a very long time. But maybe another player gave him cash.
    I tagged counter and dawson, so they'll give you the on point answer.

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    I'm pretty sure there is already a cool down in effect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    If you see anyone that you suspect is exploiting, notify one of us or the mods and we'll look into the logs and such (basically reiterated what @classic said :stuck_out_tongue_winking:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Could just remove this feature now that there are free props

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. counter

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    I'll be in favor of this if @Donkie adds a new prop category, exclusively for that alongside any future props @Dawson, I or the team might introduce. (Highly unlikely)

You might say that there will be too many categories to look at on the props list but I'm sure Donkie will be able to come up with an idea that'll help reduce the clutterness, maybe perhaps allowing players to collapse categories?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  9. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Alternatively could just grey out props you cant afford like they are in the limited prop round

10. counter

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    The thing is, that feature has been already implemented but players cannot comprehend that and are just burning their money & complaining anyways. Like, no matter how we try to make it stand out apart from other props (ordering, etc.) they're clearly 'not seeing it', thus, me proposing a new category hoping that it won't be an issue anymore. It's their loss but I don't want our playerbase to decline just because of this stupid shit.

@Rick
    https://github.com/Donkie/FloodIssues/issues/190

11. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    As I said in Discord, this was a bug report against abusing the feature. If you wish to discuss about removing the feature entirely, please make a new thread, issue, or bring it up on Discord rather than dragging on a resolved thread.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Removing the feature would be the easiest way in resolving the abuse.

Would having the prop cost be a permanent text on top of the icon help people realize that props cost money?

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.