Modification More maps.

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Gunslinger, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Member

Hello! I would like to ask, why only one map on the flood? I would like more maps.

2. Nyaaa~ ∑:3

Nyaaa~ ∑:3 Old Champion

Its kinda hard to make or find maps that would suit the gamemode. And, if im not mistaken, we dont yet have space to host other maps at the moment.

I would realy like to see new maps. Others might think the same way. But for now, and same for weapons - we are not yet ready.

3. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Member

I've seen on other servers the ability to change the map every 5 rounds, and these maps are pretty much for this mode.

4. Nyaaa~ ∑:3

Nyaaa~ ∑:3 Old Champion

There a plenty of reasons why we dont change to every single map available. First of all - people don't really like to change maps every single hour. They like to play on one map, or another (if it's available). People wouldn't play the gamemode as long as it is now, if we would change maps everytime.

Second of all - Not all maps designed or built for Flood gamemode. Some of them require precise settings and options. Some dont have water, or can't raise it in the right moment. Some of them might have some kind of "angle" that gives and advantage to the player hiding\building behind it. It needs to be concidered, tested and reworked if needed, and onle then - used.

These are the main reasons why. Wanna know more - feel free to ask. Some of us would leave some more information on this topic and say more about this... conundrum.

5. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Member

It is unfortunate that at the moment there will not be anything like this, I hope this happens in the future. Thank you for having answered my question.

6. †Zzoppa†

†Zzoppa† Lolist Contributor Silver VIP Bronze VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Zzoppa #1148
    I can say that the map is being made, but so sloooooooowly, that you can see it very soon.

7. Viral

Viral Devinity's Finest Forger Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    There isn't many maps that are up to a good standard, however it is a good idea, just something that most likely won't be added in the near future.

8. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    We can always consider changing maps while the new one is being worked on. Perhaps with the release of Flood EU#1 on the new box, perhaps we could host @Frozen♡Humanity's map? Either the new host or EU#3 would be pretty fun. :awoo:

9. [RED] IamEx0dus

[RED] IamEx0dus Member Gold VIP

Discord:
    Mista Black#6020
    I think it would be Nice to see some new maps or even some type of changes to the original map.