My Issues On Singing

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by TheMilkman™, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMilkman™

TheMilkman™ Member

Man I LOVE to sing when A great song comes on like City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2. But I always have to worry about singing for more then 2 seconds with a mod yelling at me for "Micspam". I think the rules for just singing a couple fav lyrics should be allowed. I love the sing and would like to sing a little bit to lighten up my day. Its not really micspamming cause my voice isnt annoying and im only using the mic for 15 seconds. All people that love to sing tell me what you think on this :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    >mod yelling at me for "Micspam"

Whoever was that mod that told you to stop, he's no fun. :( But I would definitely allow it if people aren't being obnoxious about it.

3. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

I don't really enjoy singing, but, being a staff member I would like to completely disagree with this idea, if we did that for you because your voice is not 'annoying', that would be maybe not true to some people, everyone has their ideas of what is annoying and what is not annoying, some people/staff might believe that your singing is annoying.

1. "But I always have to worry about singing for more then 2 seconds with a mod yelling at me for "Micspam"." It's kind of their job, obviously if they were being super strict and yelling at you it's not really enjoyable, but I honestly doubt a staff member was yelling at you and you're just dramatizing that bit. .-.

2. Making a special exception for you because your voice is not annoying would be unfair to everyone else who believes their voice is, not annoying.

3. People are usually trying to speak and strategize, but it's much harder to do that if you are singing for 'just 15 seconds'.

4. If we changed the rule people all over who get on would be more likely to micspam, seeing the leniency about the micspam rule, at that point, it would come down to the staff making the decision as to whether or not they were, being annoying, I do not like that, as the staff could disagree upon this and much more arguing would occur.

4. TheMilkman™

TheMilkman™ Member

I guess Yelling was a bit of an Overdramatization. But I wonder which admin was telling me to stop :/ *Cough cough Seth*. Man when some good music comes on I gotta sing or hum a little. Its not like im blasting Darude Standstorm through my mic for an hour.

5. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    if you wanna sing sing without using voice chat, that's what i do

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

"But I wonder which admin was telling me to stop :/ *Cough cough Seth*."
    ^Because that is mature^

"if you wanna sing sing without using voice chat, that's what i do"
    ^There is no reason you can't do this if you 'have to sing'^

7. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer Platinum VIP

I generally discourage people to not sing because it doesn't allow anyone else to use the global chat because, all we hear is you singing. I tell people if they want to sing, do it in team chat. Dude, mic/chat spam it up in teamchat! Mods don't care as long as the global chat is clear. The same goes for the fighting and arguing.

The global voice/chat is so you can easily communicate with others. Not so you can sing, not so you can pick fights, its there to "talk" to other people. If you guys want to have a conversation about paint drying, go for it but it it bothers someone I simply ask you to take it to private chat to team chat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.