Modification New Weapon suggestion thread

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Decap, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Okay.... May I PLEASE receive genuine feedback concerning the content that I meticulously pulled together? Are some of the selections adequate? Are they awful, and, if so, why?

Everybody including myself has a life to attend to, but I've been waiting patiently for almost two (2) weeks for constructive input.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    Alright, here I go. The M60 seems to honestly be not as good as the M249. Unless it gets another advantage, I don't see anybody really using it that much. The M249 is pretty fast already, and something that the M60 could do is have less recoil along with the attack speed instead of increased recoil. I'm pretty sure a lot of us would prefer advantages and disadvantages in a 1:1 ratio instead of a 1:2 ratio.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933

The proposal for the M60 needs more fine-tuning, for sure. Prior to any feedback being given I had to wing the stat adjustments myself. Thank you kindly for your criticisms (aka giving a crud, in my honest opinion).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jacob

Jacob John Serving Cena Cakes

Although the handslapper Melee may be fun to use, it would be irrelevant. We have the crowbar instead of this. Rather than having it hit, why not have it be shaped like a person having his hand shaped like a gun. Maybe have it shoot some laser beams for the hell of it? I don't know. Other than that, it would be be pretty cool.
    The saber is amazing when it comes to using it as a gun by throwing, or just using it as a Melee weapon. Good idea! To be honest when you first brought it up, I thought you meant a light saber. I'm think it has all the stats the saber has except damage and other aspects, maybe they should be heightened. You can throw it, but it sets props on fire if you throw or hit a prop. This could be useable during pirate round and it will be buy able.
    I've used the FAL throughout the CODs, and I find it fantastic to implement it into flood. Maybe have a grenade launcher add-on for certain weapons.
    Personally, I like the crossbow, but I would be glad if we got a new sniper rifle. This sniper looks pretty nice, like a hunter's rifle of some sort. So swapping out the crossbow for this would be a fantastic improvement.
    Glad to see an improvement to the SVD. Although it would become a challenge to use, because of the clip, this could be a fantastic and possibly over-used gun!
    Finally! Another shotgun. We really need some more close-quartered guns. I run out of ammo so quickly. Having played with this weapon in TTT, I hope this will be a practical weapon.
    I hope this final weapon is accurate unlike the other LMG.
    Hopefully these weapons will be implemented!
    These weapons could really give a new challenge for me to collect them all. Spectacular
    ideas, Dawson!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Noriaki Cocaine

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    I have to agree Dawson, my criticism is pretty bad. Luckily, I don't have to use it that frequently.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933

I did not in any way hint that your support was mediocre. The very fact that you advised me that the M60 appears out-classed in its current state allowed me to begin thinking about how it should be tweaked. Again, thank you very much for the support!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Noriaki Cocaine

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    (aka giving a crud, in my honest opinion)
    what does that mean?
    i thought that meant that my criticism wasn't gud

8. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933

No, it was implied as a good thing. Any suggestions thrown onto the table--regardless of how great or miniscule they may be--will help big-time on the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Noriaki Cocaine

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    oh, did not know that. thanks for clearing it up cause i thought it was used differently

10. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I'll be honest in that I'm down for any new weapons that Donkie decides to add. We need more variety than what we have. More Shotguns, more SMGs, more throwables as well. But I'm ok with just about any weapon that gets greenlit.

11. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933

The Crowbar's ability to inflict damage against players in every round type except for Pirate is nullified. At best it can be used for dismantling props and inflicting moderate damage against them. When it can inflict damage during Pirate rounds under most circumstances it inflicts only -1 HP per strike, with the occasional critical that deals -3 to -4 HP.

The slappers, while incapable of damaging props to the same extent as the crowbar, are a loaded gun--they'll inflict higher damage output against players at varying intervals while also pushing them and props slightly back. In addition, inflicting damage could be performed during any round type. Perhaps they could also be made to deflect grenades and rockets, too?

Implementing "fire swords" might be pushing it just slightly. Perhaps a standalone flare gun could be used in suffice for the sword's proposed incendiary properties.

(As a matter of fact I might just add that weapon idea to the list, too! Thanks for the inspiration!)

Hrmm. I'm not so sure about the attachment idea, either. To be safe, a limit should be kept on how many types of explosive weapons are available in-game. But nonetheless good thinking! I once proposed an idea to add upgrades that could be acquired for some of the more out-performed weapons (e.g. the pistol, magnum, crossbow, desert eagle).

As stated before, the Contender is virtually identical in function to the Crossbow with the exception of using a bullet payload over bolts and lacking slight prop knock-back, which I will add. The latter feature could also be incorporated to the potential replacement.

The SVU's* clip size is 21, which means the WA2000's could be bumped up to 9 or 10 rather than the currently proposed 6. All other aspects would probably need more refining.

*My spelling error from before. Whoops....

Indeed it was long overdue. Many of the shotguns I tested out behaved similarly to the HL2 "Spas-6", so I decided to opt for one that either is lever action or utilizes slugs.

There's still a lot of fine-tuning to be had with the M60 idea. But the rough edges will soon be smoothed out; I know there's a way to make it work without it appearing like a near-carbon copy to the M249.

I am very pleased to hear your satisfaction about what has clicked so far.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Firedraft

Firedraft Devine Member Silver VIP

All of the input honestly needs to come from Donkie. It is him who does the coding. Although feed back is nice, Donkie is still the person who accepts or declines anything to do coding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933

That is very true. Until either Donkie or Bayrock or both share their sentiments, though, it is to my best interest to refine all incoming suggestions in preparation for their viewing. In analogy, when applying to an art school would you rather submit a series of stick figure drawings that took three seconds to do, or a compilation of detailed sketch work (or whatever it may be) that took quality effort to pull together?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dr. Pit Lazarus

Dr. Pit Lazarus Angelic Web Developer Gold VIP

Any updates on these and @Donkie's weapon skins?

15. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Shush :rolleyes:

16. Panci┬as

Panci┬as Dedicated Member

As we all know the only "melee" weapon is the crowbar. But what if there would be a melee or "short distance" weapon that lights props on fire like the explosion of the rocket launcher.
    Torch:
    The torch is a melee distance weapon used to light other people props on fire, this would be better and cheaper than a rocket launcher as people who are new to the server can light props on fire. Of course there would be some aspects that diference it from the rocket launcher such as:
    -The inicial prop-fire-time-damage is going to be higher if props stay longer on fire (fire damage is reduced with the past of time)
    -At least the player must be in 3cm away (1,1811 inches) to set a prop on fire.
    -All torches must be lighten up before use (no need for animation)
    -Torchs will be available on pirate round (optional)
    -Torches won't be allowed on Random Weapons Round (optional)

Prices and limits:
    -
    I was thinking that it should be allowed for all non-VIP members.
    -Price:
    2500-5ooo$ (also can maybe be bought with tokens or by joining steam group or asociating steam to forum)

All prices and addons are suggestions, adding is final to Staff members and Founders, pay decisions and others are also suggestions. Also all damage/distance/availability is also up to founders and staff members.

Hope you have enjoyed!

Gmod torch swep:
    [​IMG]

17. Noriaki Cocaine

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    The distance you mentioned is so miniscule that it would not work at all with a torch. Just think. Does a torch light things farther than 3cm? I don't think that's how calculations in source/LUA work anyway.
    Otherwise good idea, but it might be difficult finding a source SWEP to use this with. Find one and link to it in the OP maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  18. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    I was just thinking about that but I was going for another strategy like a fire grenade.

19. Noriaki Cocaine

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Panci┬as

Panci┬as Dedicated Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.