1. Hello Guest, if you need help, wish to post feedback regarding our community/servers/staff or report game-breaking bugs, you're free to do so here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not getting guns/No clip disarmed

Discussion in 'Feedback & Support' started by Alex, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex Mouth from the South

I was recently on today, and my friend joined for the first time and didnt spawn with cash, nor guns.

Also, every time I join the server, my no-clip ability is gone.

2. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I know theres a bug where Admins don't have their abilities when they first join. once a battle round has ended they come back. Also make sure that you're not trying to use them right when the round starts. No clip is turned off for I think 15 seconds so it's fair for everyone to get to a room.

3. Alex

Alex Mouth from the South

But its for the duration of the whole time.

4. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

Players not getting guns is due to the fact that those players are NOT connected to MySQL, which is the database where all playerinfo is stored. A temp fix for those players is to have them rejoin which should fix the problem. (You can check this by pressing Tab and clicking their name. This will display their Achievements and Weapons. If their weapons are blank, then they are most likely not connected.)

However this doesn't fix the issue. Maybe @Donkie can look into it further as I'm not entirely sure how players are authenticated and synced with MySQL while joining.

5. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Players don't directly connect to the database, the server has the db connection (which -very- rarely is lost) and then sends relevant data to the clients.

The issue about not having achievements or weapons or that gunk is because sometimes, rarely (maybe depending on ping??) you can't receive the data being sent from the server for a few seconds, so the data being sent is just lost. I need to add some redundancy but networking is a big pain in the butthole.

The issue about not having admin capabilities is something else, its extremely weird.

6. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    This issue was likely fixed with the database queries that were being dropped. Feel free to post back if problems persist.

Thanks for the constructive report!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.