Nuclear War

Discussion in 'World News' started by Rollie, Mar 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollie

Rollie Devine Member Gold VIP

So unfortunately I believe it's only a matter of time before a nuclear war starts, probably Europe or Asia considering only Russia(Putin) or King Jong Un"whateverthefuck" (North Korea) would be crazy enough to launch nukes.:eek: Tensions haven't been this high since the Cold War, so what do you think will happen?

https://www.rt.com/news/321434-us-missile-shield-putin/

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...imminent-Russia-Vladimir-Putin-missile-shield

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/06/asia/north-korea-preemptive-nuclear-strike-threat/

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. FreedomPuppy

FreedomPuppy Communist Beagle Pup Platinum VIP

Sounds pretty boring. I'd be too short to actually know about.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Why do you trust the media?

Its only job is to scare you

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rollie

Rollie Devine Member Gold VIP

Normally I don't but for nuclear war, you can't be too sure.

5. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Gotta agree with Rick, the media isn't unbiased. They are supposed to report the facts, however in this day and age all they care about it ratings. They report what gets them the most readers, the most hits, or the highest rating. This is why Donald Trump is everywhere, because people want to know what crazy thing he did next. Emotion drives people, not the truth.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. rick2

rick2 Member

Well, thankfully there's a thing called "Mutually Assured Destruction" which means that if Russia launched nukes against a country that also has nukes or has an ally with nukes, they will also be completely destroyed. This is why the cold war never actually ended with nukes and it's also why the cold war was so long and complicated. Communism also plays a huge role with Russia and North Korea's relationships with the world (Russia is no longer a communist country, but still has many aspects of what it used to be), but communism is proven to be a bad thing, and because of it, North Korean's are starving and have no idea whats going on outside their country. But going back on topic, I'm sure you and I will never go face to face with a nuclear explosion, and if we do, well, there's not much we can do about it.

7. Lucas Hood

Lucas Hood former Sylar

If a Nuclear war did start then I don't think the country that started it thought it through very much. The destructive force of a nuke is incredible and is capable of killing millions of people. Not to mention innocent people. If a war like this did happen, humanity would surely be crippled and billions would die in the end. Its not worth it and I really hope that the major countries in the world see this, nuclear weapons should only be used as a deterrent and nothing else. I don't think we learned since the ATOM bombs hit Hiroshima and Nagasaki, because we are still making them. I don't think humanity would ever recover from such an event and we all know it. At the end of the day these countries are fighting for Oil or other resources and is that really worth starting a nuclear war over with billions of people dying in the process? No its not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.