1. Hello Guest, if you have been banned from our servers and wish to be unbanned, you must read this thread in order to have your appeal processed by our staff members.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Permanent ban (Exploitation-Modding)

Discussion in 'Unban Requests' started by Festive Nate, Feb 14, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Festive Nate

Festive Nate Member

Discord:
    Nate#2734
    Dear Devinity-staff,

I'd like to make an unban request.

Brief description of what happened before I was banned:
    I was playing on one of the EU Battle Royale servers. So after a long day of work, I decided to go straight to Battle Royale mode. When I joined the server I notice quite a few people so as usual, I asked if anyone wants to team up. Luckily I get a response from a guy called TwilightTyrant ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/Valve315) which is now a friend of mine, afterward he joins my team. I was nervous for the round to start as always. So a few minutes into the game I get some kills and I say to myself "Ok were up to a good start", my teammate tells me all these kind words like "Your doing great, nice shot". So as time passes by we were really hyped because we won 3 rounds in a row, the 4. round we sadly lose, after that we win again. After some time I notice I was the top leading guy on the scoreboard in this server with around 20 kills and around 4 deaths. I also noticed a friend that I played with before on this server joined, it was Bartoos(http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036560447). So I kindly sed "Hi" and asked him, if he wants to join our team and he replied "Sure". After he joined our team we were doing quite poorly, definitely because there was 3 of us so we weren't that scared anymore so we rushed everyone and not thinking with strategy and to blend with the environment, and you would have guessed it we died a lot of times. We got a few kills and kept on playing the game normally. So the last round comes and we were doing quite well, this is the part where it all ends, my teammate tells me to watch out there's a guy right next to the fence and I say " Yes, I see his shadow on the wall" (mind: that the shadow is probably a bug). So I knew his exact location and ended him, after that, I got banned. I was weirded out of the text telling me I was modding and exploiting, which I certainly did not.

Reason why I should be unbanned:
    1. First of all, using hacks to your advantage isn't really a thing for me, I don't find hacking fun in any way
    2. If it wasn't for this server I wouldn't have even been playing this Gmod.
    3. The admin that I contacted through discord, told me "You knew where all the hiding players were", which is incorrect I had teammates, and what do teammates do they corporate and communicate to give an important information and be a friendly player to take or put a shot into other enemies. I admit there were times where I sed "I got a feeling they're going to come from up top or below", this is just my experience from the past of playing this mode on this server, I know the hiding spots and gun spawns pretty well. Some of the enemies that I killed were just coincidence that I knew where they were BUT some of the enemies that I knew the exact location was because I saw them before and I expected them to go to a location where and exits waits for them. This has happened at the pit where I got banned. The guy was walking on the bridge and he went straight inside the location so-called pit), the information was later on given to my teammates, while the enemy was climbing the ladder, I shot him down.
    4. Note: All of the conversations with my teammates was trough microphone.
    5. The admin told me that coincidence can only happen once in this Batlle royale, (ORIGINAL TEXT:"You did it a few times, once is coincidence") which makes no sense at all.
    6. I had spent 13h and 20 mins on this server, got 147 kills 77 deaths and played 88rounds, where 20 of them was where I won.
    7. I know this really doesn't go with why I should be unbanned but I love and enjoy your server and the kindness of being a patient admin that listens and helps me with this problem (Sgt. Orange). I would really appreciate the false ban and enjoy the stay.
    8. The only file I downloaded was the texture pack for Gmod (https://mega.nz/#!uBAzzSAS!8VQf0MpeyqQ3pTk21dgJh5CRWMPrdOLRc2bT8XfhQ7A)
    Admin who banned Me:
    Sgt. Orange

SteamID:
    STEAM_0:0:79665926

Infraction Record:
    https://devinity.org/pages/infractions/?steamid=76561198349661059

Evidence:
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....398/2226C30F1F50264AB7920C1EA3F256FE064DA3BA/
    (A screenshot that I took, where I died in a funny pose), (13.feb.2018),(Taken yesterday)

Thanks for reading my appeal! I hope we'll be able to find a solution.

Best regards, Festive Nate

Edit: (a reply on Rashu's comment)
    1. Edit: Yes, I wasn't specific enough. What I meant by "All of the conversations with my teammates was trough microphone", that there was no ghosting at all, we were communicating through in-game,( the communication that is allowed on the server, whereas if u die, u can't talk to teammatesanymore). There were no other programs involved in this that support communication. (Basically, we weren't using things like Discord, Skype, Steam etc. Just the in-game communication where Asif u died u weren'table to talk to teammates anymore).

This was just a misunderstanding.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Vixen

Vixen Neko Trap Gold VIP

Discord:
    Trapxify#4667
    Thanks for the unban request, until Sgt Orange reads it and give more in view im gonna tell you something
    You basically gave us a Reason to ban all 3 of you for Ghosting. It is forbidden to tell Your Teammate where someone is as a Dead Person.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Festive Nate

Festive Nate Member

Discord:
    Nate#2734
    Edit: Yes, I wasn't specific enough. What I meant by "All of the conversations with my teammates was trough microphone", that there was no ghosting at all, we were communicating through in-game,( the communication that is allowed on the server, whereas if u die, u can't talk to teammates anymore). There were no other programs involved in this that support communication. (Basically, we weren't using things like Discord, Skype, Steam etc. Just the in-game communication where Asif u died u weren't able to talk to teammates anymore).

This was just a misunderstanding.

Thank you.

4. Sgt. Orange

Sgt. Orange Weaponsmith

I've recreated the scenario on the map, I have determined seeing the shadow is impossible, you are more likely to see a little bit of the body than the shadow, as such ill have to deny this.

Edit:
    Reopened and unbanned, retested with actual players(instead of npcs), yes you can see the shadow through the wall, this only works on high settings.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.