On Hold Promoting Flood's Siblings Through Itself

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Wolfgang, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Now bear (Counter) with me here folks.

We all know JB, & TTT haven't been doing too hot but I do in fact have an idea of how to bring some of Flood's player base into our other servers. One of our devs, probably @Donkie will need to add two Jailbreak (Metropolice?) and TTT themed player models to the workshop.

The Catch:

To Unlock these player models you must have ex amount a time on each server.

2. Expanix

Expanix Community Member

Nah, that will just make people stay idle on the servers. What kind of playerbase is that?

3. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    A Start, also you can't idle we have protection from that.

4. Derfboy the fish

Derfboy the fish Dedicated Member

I have seen this all the time with multiple servers in a community. I have only cared about the Flood server and I do not pay attention about the other servers, just like most people from the sounds of things. I guess before I can really say much, are there separate people doing maintenance/being active staff/etc. or is it everyone being on all the servers (Flood, Jailbreak, and TTT)

5. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    Nope not really, JB and TTT really need a good kick in the ass to get started. They've never really been to popular amongst our playerbase.

6. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Thing is, TTT and JB are both dead in the water right now. A lot of people don't understand that we aren't actively working on new things every day. Donkie is our main dev, Bayrock is secondary dev, and I basically do the rest. We all have lives outside of Devinity so we can't always be working on things. I know right now Flood 2.0 is the main focus, so maybe after that we could get back into JB and TTT but don't expect it anytime soon. Although I will say this is a good idea for when that time comes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    Agreed, that's why I put the On Hold, figured it wasn't a priority.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Derfboy the fish

@Decap @Wolfgang All servers start out at first, it is the long run that shows how well a server does. Obviously Flood is Devinity's key and the main focus. But the issue with having multiple servers is the risk of thinning the community. I am not saying that will happen. If anything the only issue is the staff getting thinned out. Once Flood 2.0 is all set up and good. Keep it on hold and worry about it later, but when the time comes, I dislike the model idea because yes it will get people to play on TTT and Jailbreak and not the Flood, but that will be the issue, people will just farm the TTT and Jailbreak for Flood models. There are better ways in my opinion to get a server populated, and the key is to have set staff on all the TTT, Jailbreak, and Flood servers (Excluding Devs and the main owners.) Basically have a server manager for all 3 and they make sure everything is doing well. It also gives a little competition for the 3 server managers to make sure their server is the best.

9. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    We've done this already.
    Counter-TTT
    Rick-JB(formerly)

Edit: Note this is an attempt to get the servers active again, JB has been around for almost a year

10. Derfboy the fish

Ok good good, well like I said, when the time comes that will be a issue, for now Flood 2.0 is the main idea. One thing I can see being done is reworking the website to be more friendly to the TTT and Jailbreak servers. As of right now this website seems dedicated to the Flood server only. Now I bet there may also be a separate TTT and Jailbreak server website that I don't know of but I will wait for your reply on the answer.

11. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I don't even think JB or TTT servers are even up still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.