1. Hello Guest, if you need help, wish to post feedback regarding our community/servers/staff or report game-breaking bugs, you're free to do so here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Remove teleport command.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Support' started by SilverMario, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    Its used in some cases. Like Jeffery said, its pointless removing the commands but having a restriction towards them to prevent them being abused.

2. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

But I have NEVER seen a staff use it in any case besides abuse. Why is this command a thing? People say yeah I'll use but don't, so what's the point?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. counter

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    Thats just from your own view. There are many reasons that people could use !goto or !bring without the intention of abuse.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

"could use". Not are using, could use. It's a useless tool that just leads to abuse, don't know what's it's even a command, I guess I'll just make a player report instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I think what silver is getting to is that there are no real good reasons.

6. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

The teleport feature is still functional as a tool for going to someone who needs assistance. Sure, its a purely quality of life feature but theres not really any reason "I see" to remove it.

Noclip works but if the server is full its kind of a pain in my ass to have to go find the player who is requesting assistance.

Personally speaking, if a staff is abusing commands you should really tell us who it is. I've never seen anyone abuse it and if they have, then I would probably give them a hard time about it. Just simply saying "People are abusing this command! Remove please!" is not the way to handle it especially with many other alternatives available right now.

You're not wrong by addressing this as an issue especially if people are indeed abusing this command (Which I have no reason not to believe you about it). I'm just saying that before you request something to be removed you should explore other alternatives to resolving the issue rather than penalizing everyone for something a few individuals did.

7. Decap

Decap Super Radman

The "goto" command can be used will relatively no abuse. It's the "bring" feature that gets abused. @Rollie has used the "bring" command on me numerous times while dead before however it was all in good fun. I've never seen a staff member use it abusively towards another player though.

8. counter

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    !bring can be used for numerous occasions if players are stuck on build phase and does not know how to kill themselves. Maybe !slay could replace the bring but thats just me.

9. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Really it can only be used for shortcuts to things we already have. slay during build round would be just as effective like you said. The only logical reason I can think of is if your teammate needs to get to the boat you're on and is out of time. even then that is kind of cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Expanix

Expanix Community Member

Question: The teleport commands are JUST for Staff or also for VIPs?

11. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

@Decap Didn't we have a discussion in the past about people playing with the admin commands "in good fun"? If I recall correctly, the commands are tools not toys and if people are using them to "play with" then they are not taking the job the volunteered for seriously.

Seriously, if people are abusing commands, why are we not addressing the issue to those people first? We wouldn't deal with command abuse from VIP's so why is it OK for staff? Not all staff abuse, so take care of the ones who do and we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.

IE: VIP's abuse their votekick/voteban but we're not talking about removing their commands because the issue is dealt with in the form of a 3 day ban with the option to appeal.

Players can teleport to other players if they're on the same team and only through the team menu. There might be a command but I don't know it. Team leaders can bring their teammates but ONLY the person who created the team and they can ONLY bring teammates.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Expanix

Expanix Community Member

Well, in my opinion it's not a good idea to remove a staff command just beacause it can be abused. We're talking about STAFF, people that SHOULD be responsible. Someone that uses the commands as "toys", as jeffrey said, doesn't deserve to be moderator in my opinion.

13. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    I use the goto command all the time when I see something in chat that says "Stop prop pushing" or something like that. The bring command can be used if someone is stuck etc.

14. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Alright, how about we bring this up Saturday at the meeting and get a general consensus of the staff as a whole and their opinion on the matter. We will then take action based on the majority opinion. If you can't make it to the meeting, post here and we'll be sure to bring up your argument. Agreed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rollie

Rollie Devine Member Gold VIP

It's a joke calm down, its actually a useful command unlike slay where players will bitch and complain if we have to slay them if we want to help them or fix a problem. Thus removing it will cause more turmoil.

16. Alex

Alex Mouth from the South

oh my lord, its really not damaging the server . I teleport when someone breaks the rules to the person people are saying are prop pushing or when they want to talk to me or other things.

Getting rid of it is just purely useless in itself.

17. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Would just like to state that since I don't really moderate at all, I'll just do whatever you guys tell me to. Incase you're angry that I ain't giving any input here.

Pretty sure Bayrock is on the same line on this.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Decap

Decap Super Radman

From my knowledge we agreed to remove the command outside of team use. So teams can still bring teammates to each other, however staff cannot bring players outside of their team. The goto command has not been changed. Not sure if @Donkie has updated that already or if it will be in the next update.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Comes in next update.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.