Idea Reset Stats/"Prestige"

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Viral, Oct 15, 2016.

?

Implement this?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viral

Viral Devinity's Finest Forger Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    For this suggestion, I was thinking of maybe a "Prestige" system/ an option reset all your stats, the reason for this is because maybe you want to start again/prestige
    Start Again :
    This is what it is, You press a button in Q menu < (Obviously up to developers) and press reset stats, with a conformation message in case of accidental press.
    Prestige :
    This is a little better, at level 100 (Or higher) You can get the option to prestige and be set to level 1, with the reward of 10 tokens (Just an example for the purpose of this post) to give players a reason to "prestige"
    This may not be possible, but in my opinion I think it may be a good idea for people who want a fresh start/ a way to get tokens.

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Has been suggested before, was a well liked idea but didn't go very far

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seboo23

Seboo23 Educated Weaboo

I think maybe 150 tokens seems like a fair reward for resetting your money and weapons, really nice suggestion in my opinion, I would be one of the people who would love something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

I could have a talk with some of the other staff members about this. It wouldn't be much trouble for people with database access to reset your progress if thats something you wanted. This could also potentially become a feature as well but I wouldn't count on it as most people probably wouldn't want to have their stuff reset.

Edit: I've discussed it with some of the Staff members and their responses were positive. Just waiting to hear back from Donkie since editing his tables can sometimes end like this - Donkie: U DID WOT M8!? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    Hères a tweaked layout plan that would work better imo.

At level 75 (lowered because majority of Flood players never reach level 100) you have ability to prestige. If you prestige with level higher than 71 it carries over on your next prestige progress. The problem here...is that leveling up will be much more difficult with achievements already unlocked so we have a tough decision @jeffreythe00 @Viral @Seth do we keep prestige as a one time thing? Or multiple prestiges like in Call of Duty (Can prestige until you're prestige master) if you guys prefer the mult-prestige system achievements would have to be wiped too

Side note: all weapons should be removed with no refund but money you currently have in my opinion should be transferred into tokens and cosmetics kept as well.

What do you guys think

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Viral

Viral Devinity's Finest Forger Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    I think that's a better way of putting it, I think there should be an increase in time to level up but maybe like 11 prestige's and it increases 10% or so each time so by the time you're prestige 10 to get to prestige master (11th and last prestige), it would've been 2x harder to prestige then the first time.

7. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    The only way to properly do this would be to fractionally decrease the amount of xp gained in the said re-locked achievements so it evens out. Would require a lot math but would also be possible.

Edit: for example if the easiet achievement usually gives a player 100xp, the 2nd prestige it would give 90, and then 80...70...and so forth.

This would be true for each of the achievements

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.