1. Hello Guest, if you need help, wish to post feedback regarding our community/servers/staff or report game-breaking bugs, you're free to do so here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoutbox/Shoutbox drama

Discussion in 'Feedback & Support' started by Mapplesauce, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Why didn't you just say this when he made the thread rather the posting some dumb image?

2. Ethan

Ethan Emo

Gotta get a pun in you know

3. Decap

Decap Super Radman

1. That image was brilliant
    2. To prove a point that you guys are hypocritical. If the tables were turned you would cry that it was a joke or "le meme" and get made if we had to punish you for it. Doesn't feel good when someone makes light of something that should be taken seriously does it?
    3. I'm having a bad day as well and this bullshit is not making it any better.

4. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

It doesn't matter. Where in the shoutbox rules was it stated that you aren't allowed to call someone out in shoutbox? I would understand if he was literally spamming but there was none of that. Also, I don't think I've ever made a joke in a serious meta thread so your second point didn't prove anything. I've been having a bad day as well but that doesn't mean you should just take the easy way out and prune.

This isn't anything personal against you, its overall how the staff does it. I understand that perhaps Bayrock or Donkie would do it that way as well which is why I brought up the thread in the first place: to work on that.

Suppressing arguments and deleting posts that don't violate the rules IS against freedom of speech in every way. It shouldn't be handled like that. Rules are set and mods should also follow them.

It seems like you think of me as an SJW of some sorts for bringing these issues up. I dont really care, my point was to make the staff realize that stuff like this is inherently wrong and should be stopped. I wasn't particularly opressed or some shit, I didn't even contribute to the shoutbox when it was pruned.

All I want is a simple statement, honest. "In the future, I will seek alternatives to removing or pruning the shoutbox when drama occurs." Really all I want.

I'm sorry for being so blatantly frustrad but its hard not to when my concerns are merely wiped under the rug which is what I was against in the first place. Again, I don't hate you or anyone in devinity for that matter, just really frustrated and wanted people to address my concerns.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I don't see it as a problem at all when trying to eliminate an issue like that. David was complaining about spam and he inadvertently started an argument that took over the shoutbox quickly. Arguments like that need to be kept to pm's because I consider it a violation of the shoutbox rules #2 ( Avoid spamming or repetitious messaging. ). Kind of ironic actually.

6. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

How is an argument repetitious messaging or spamming?

7. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Alright I get that we can be a pain but it's not our job to actually help people and address issues, hence why you're le head admin and we're not. I don't care if you 'le meme' when giving a response, but try to address the issue as well, I always used to do both. I get it, dealing with shit is a drag and you just want to have fun some days, but it's not too hard to fulfill what's expected of you as an admin by quickly writing a serious line along with your prune drink meme.

I hope ur day turns out better babycakes

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.