Guide Some Boat Designs

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Viral, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Viral

Viral Devinity's Finest Forger Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    This guide is intended for those newer players browsing the forums looking for simplistic, yet cost effective boats, they seem pretty obvious, but every day I see someone who doesn't know how to properly build a working, strong boat and then just get mauled by explosives.

(1) Two wooden boats, having a combined health of 580, and costing $600 (for both) you will be fine for around 30 seconds or so, dependant on whether you're being targeted or not, you could either last longer or not as long.
    1GgSRT2.jpg
    2x Vending machine plates + Ballpit. Sporting a combined HP of 495, with a price of $620, it isn't the most cost efficient boat, but it is useful because of the thin vending plates, making it harder to shoot if the enemy doesn't have a sniper.
    drr6tat.jpg Vending Machine Plates - This is pretty simple, two vending plates, 120 HP each, 240 together costing $320 for both these are good if you're trying to stay under the radar. I don't recommend this when there's a lot of people on.
    gop3Zkk.jpg
    Adding more boat designs in additional posts.

2. Viral

Viral Devinity's Finest Forger Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Dumpster + Devinity logo - This combination has 585 HP, while costing $560. This boat was forged by your local kitty cat @Nyaaa~ ∑:3, the trap slayer. I recommend this boat to a lot of new players, as it's very effective and will help you earn some money.
    hl2_2018-02-02_04-02-05.jpg
    The bed, piano and vending cart, quite a weird threesome. Costing $1050 this boat certainly isn't cheap, but for the price you will not regret it (maybe). This combination has 962 HP, and will give you a pretty lengthy lifetime (as long as you aren't targeted). I don't recommend this if you're low on funds, but it could be worth the gamble if used correctly.
    hl2_2018-02-02_04-04-02.jpg The infamous bookshelves, costing $500 and having 470 HP it's no wonder why this duo are used so commonly, forget the other boats just use these make $2,000 a round and then repeat until you're a millionaire. (Don't do that)
    VRjlpgl.jpg
    More boats will be added, and I encourage anyone with a good boat design that's cost effective for newer players to post here.

3. †Zzoppa†

†Zzoppa† Lolist Contributor Silver VIP Bronze VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Zzoppa #1148
    A very strong combination of props, which can be seen in almost every game. Not surprisingly, this is really overpower boat, which can accommodate the whole team. (I'm too lazy to go to the flood, so I'll say the approximate cost) for 1500 $ we get a boat for 4, which can be improved (for example, on top of adding glass, and the boat in front). At long distances such a boat shows itself very well, in the near medium.
    Boat rating: overpower fix this shit.
    [​IMG]
    This boat is also popular among players, but as for me, it is too overpriced. For 1200 $ -1400 $ We get a "Can", which is difficult to break, but it is vulnerable to bazookas, and begins to stagger already with the loss of one vending machine. Also I added small doors there, so this boat looks more adequate.
    boat rating: overpriced medium.
    [​IMG]
    A pretty good boat for $ 600, especially if you shove it in the castle, or add a swan from above, but for beginners it is not advised, usually with it you can shoot a machine gun from a height, and just shoot from a height much better. Also, such a ship is very good at the zombie event, the player on this boat is very difficult to get
    Boat rating: above average, for its narrow specialization.
    [​IMG]
    (This is most likely not a guide, but a description of the top boats :thinking:)

4. Expanix

Expanix Community Member

You may find it overpowered, but it will never be as OP as the almighty PAINTCAN BOAT!
    Too bad it can't be done anymore.

5. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    The confessional booth has value because you can crouch inside of it. I've always placed it on top of an inflatable raft but I've also used it with the two small wooden boats. It works well when you're trying to lay low; using it in the center of the map will make one side not notice you, placing it on the side of a wall will make people on the left and right struggle to see you, and placing it in a corner will lower visibility.

6. Bagels

Bagels Dedicated Member Bronze VIP

reminder that this is literally the greatest boat in the game and the most patrician choice of boat

i have built nothing at all except shelfs for half a year solo and you can't stop me