Steam Yellow/Gold Name Tag

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ZiveX, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZiveX

ZiveX Member

For the past few days a trend has been going on in the community of Steam. Yes I'm talking about the Yellow/Gold name tags. So many people are asking me if this is bannable or not.

My answer is Yes. It is very bannable. A few years back valve themselves hosted a giveaway that they give 200 keys to toggle on and off a name tag that is Gold. That is why it is possible to get a Gold name. I talked to some Moderators and the Moderators of steam its-self said that it is huge bannable.

Now to be able to get the Gold name you have to log in using your command prompt. Yes. That means username and password AND steam guard code. So it's YOUR responsibility if you get banned for it. YOU are cheating into the system to get the name and YOU are responsible for your own account.

PLEASE STOP USING THE EXPLOIT, IT IS BANNABLE AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU GET BANNED!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    What does this have to do with Devinity exactly?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. frogéé

frogéé Member

I think the intention of the post is just to keep our players informed and protected, maybe the post doesn't belong here but it's currently a huge issue and could be good if brought to our players and staffs attention.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZiveX

ZiveX Member

Exactly what The Frog said. I'm telling you guys this to inform you to be safe. Doesn't matter anymore anyways it was patched and the players that were banned are punished because they were caught.

If an Admin can lock this thread that would be great! :) Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Then it's off topic not general discussion. Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.