On Hold {Tool Idea} Harpoon Cannon.

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Nyaaa~ ∑:3, Sep 11, 2016.

?

Do you want it?

1. Yep.

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Nope.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyaaa~ ∑:3

Nyaaa~ ∑:3 Old Champion

Idea: Introduce you Harpoon cannon - Tool spawned entity, which is a "better" version of the weapon itself.

Details:

-Harpoon cannon is a diffirent version of a cannon. Its a better version on a common harpoon, that has is PROS and CONS.

-It can be spawned Via toolgun and placed\welded on props.

-In battle, it works as a common harpoon, but it has small diffirences:

PROS:
    1. Harpoon shot flies faster, than from a common harpoon.

2. It can damage any prop it hits. (15 on hit +2 per second, while harpoon shot is attached)

3. It pulls you faster, than common harpoon.

4. It has an "aim ark", which you can use to aim your shot.​

CONS:
    1. You need to "charge" your shot, by holding "fire" button. "Aim ark" will stretch, until it becomes flat. If that happens, it will fire harpoon shot immediately at maximum force . You can release "fire" button to fire early, but with less force.

2.Once the harpoon shot hits wall\prop, it cannot be released or returned. Harpoon shot will disssapear\released if Harpoon cannon is destroyed. Also, you can cut the rope to release your harpoon shot, but you need ~3-5 seconds to completly cut the rope.

3. Once the harpoon shot hits wall\prop, Harpoon cannon will pull your ship Automaticly, and it will not stop, until rope is cut or cannon itself is destroyed.

4. You can shot only once. (Even if harpoon shot is in the water or in flight.)​

Stats:

You know, how they call "not so good" Puns about Harps? HarP00n.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lil Dicky

Lil Dicky Member Bronze VIP

+1 Support

Could be used towards the end of the fighting round if you had to quickly make it to someone to destroy them and win.

3. Magic Fraps

Magic Fraps Member

it seems like a nice atachment to a pirat round would be pretty fun to use i agree with this idea even tought the dmg every second seems a bit strange. but i would love to see this ingame if the dmg is tweekt with.

4. Seboo23

Seboo23 Educated Weaboo

+1, It's a really nice idea and I like the stats. I'd love to see this ingame.

5. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

If this were to be implemented, I would agree with all the stats accept for like Magic Fraps has said, I disagree with the 2dmg on props per second while it is attached. I feel it is a reasonable thing to maybe have damage per second while attached, however I feel we really should have it be a lower number, perhaps 1? or maybe a decimal?

Either way I disagree with this whole thing for one main reason, with the harpoon being the way it is, it already pulls you in too fast because of the short half second lag that will pull and push you off of your boat, if we were to make this pull you in FASTER, and automatically there would be no hope for anyone using it, they might even end up glitching and falling through their boat, or just flat out glitching and dying.

I might be ok with this idea if perhaps we made the real in time slower or the same as the normal harpoon, however if we were going to do that it would take away one of the cannons main differences. So how about we make the reel in time slower but then maybe crank the initial landing damage or dmg per second up a notch. With this it would become essentially a harpoon attached to your ship that does damage when it hits, it would also only be a one use thing, which is good. You also never discussed how many times you would be able to fire the cannon, I would suggest....1 or maybe 2 shots?

Gimme some feedback and comments on this guys, it would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nyaaa~ ∑:3

Nyaaa~ ∑:3 Old Champion

First of all, i can agree about 1 damage per second. Its a harpoon, for god sake. Not big of a deal.

Second of all, i didnt describe in details, how fast it will reel the boat. It could pull your raft a BIT faster, or "2 speeds - FAST and WAY TOO FAST".
    This is just an idea, concept, subject to test.

Third of all, this problem with "pushing of the boat", because its reels to, goddamn, fast... its not a problem. Not at all. This will give players reason to build rails and borders, or implement some genious ideas to stay on boat "steadily", without falling off. You need to give something, to get something. Thats how it always worked.

7. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

This is a problem, if you fall off of your boat you die and lose the round, with the moderately limited prop limit and money players have, *genuine* ideas for borders or rails seems like a little much giving, since players can stay 'steadily' on most boats without using the rails and walls, it seems like if this was high speed, not many people would use it. I would also like to say that if you build walls or railing it would very much get in the way of your cannon shot most of the time.

Although this idea is true, there is already alot of giving being done and the speed would be just a little overboard if you ask me. I also realize that this harpoon cannon would most likely be used more for sharking than anything else at this point, the perfect sharking tool matter of fact, you could make someone fly off of their boat with this it sounds like. Unless changes are made that is pretty much what most people would use this for, that's what it looks like to me anyway. "That's what it looks like to me," actually means quite a bit, I play on the flood servers, and have played on the flood servers before, A LOT and know them well.

The 'gives' of the cannon:

- You have to re-buy the cannon every round instead of being able to buy it and keep it like the harpoon weapon, a reasonable give in my opinion, seems completely justified.

- Once you charge the cannon it fires immediately and reels in automatically, immediately, and cannot be released or returned unless cannon is destroyed or the rope is cut which takes 3-5 seconds. Maybe not as reasonable as the first give but still a good give to have.

-The cannon can be destroyed unlike the harpoon weapon. A reasonable give.

- Traveling at high speeds will make you fall off of your boat almost guaranteed, therefor basically requiring you to get creative and build some railing or walls, not a big deal, just requires some of your money and props from your max props limit. seems to go a little overboard and adds a con to the whole idea of the cannon, sharking.

The 'gets' of the cannon:

- Your harpoon flies faster than a normal harpoon does

- it has an 'aim ark' which you can use to aim your shot

- it reels you in faster than a normal harpoon
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me it seems that the whole 'faster reeling' idea should be dropped, and we should improvise from there, the con of that idea alone would outweigh the pros both about the cannon and about how it is actually used.

I'm hungry for some feedback and comments about this, lemme know what you guys think.

One more thing before you type your responses...

Remember, I am not attacking you, I am giving you some constructive criticism/feedback about the moderately raw idea you presented, be calm, and reasonable with your responses, I was in no way saying or trying to make the damage per second a big deal, 'for gods sake' makes it sound like you think I was, I am here to tell you that was not the case.

Remember remember remember, this is NOT an attack, so don't attack me (not that I am accusing you of attacking me) ;3

Edit: I have been attacked many times before, when I was not attacking other people as you an see xD

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.