1. Hello Guest, if you have been banned from our servers and wish to be unbanned, you must read this thread in order to have your appeal processed by our staff members.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Unban Request

Discussion in 'Unban Requests' started by Calvin, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calvin

Calvin Member

1. I said the n word in team chat (in a joking manner with my friends who were on the team). I previously thought this was okay (until this incident, of course) because 3 or 4 mods had told me I could (including Wolfgang. I had even used it this day with him in the steam chat after he told me I could). In this specific incident, I said "im back, n word c words". Counter then said something around the lines of "no more saying n word in team chat, you must follow server rules in team chat as well," and I replied back with claiming that several mods had told me that I could. Counter stated back to me that this didn't matter, and I asked "can mods read team chat?" and then said (jokingly) "so I just have to make sure no admins are on" (again, joking. I hadn't committed this crime yet, so punishing me for it is rediculous in my opinion), and this is when I got the ban. I would again like to state that this was the first time I had been told to not say the n word in team chat, and I did not say it after he directly told me to not use it. Later note: I don't think I'm completely innocent, since I shouldn't have made the ending joke about making sure no admins were on. Second later note: I've never been muted/gagged/kicked/banned for saying the n word, and I've never been warned after saying it (since I've only said it in team chat, and I was told repeatedly that this was okay).
    2. Center
    3. STEAM_0:1:79343111
    4. None needed, Counter knows what happened. http://steamcommunity.com/id/03090309/ and http://steamcommunity.com/id/captaincactusc/ can verify what happened if needed (they were on the team with me when I said the n word).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lord Polski

Lord Polski Member

I was there, never heard/saw a warning. Staff confirmed they didn't give a warning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    thanks for writing a detailed un-ban request but i'm going to go ahead and deny it anyway. you were previously banned before for racism so you don't really deserve a warning in that case in addition to you and some of your friends harassing us.

racism isn't a joking manner and is never tolerated on our servers

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. counter

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry, I suppose I'm not allowed to handle an appeal even though I was the one who've carried out the ban. (assuming that's what you've said) Nice try by the way :)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. counter

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    reflecting back now that i've cooled off, yes i was being a little harsh and unfair. this is ironic but i've said previously to you that it was okay to 'break the rules' in team chat but regardless of all that, you should've known better not to be racist. because of my leniency, i'll be reducing your ban to a day. do not take this for granted as I will gladly allow others (including myself) to extend your ban up to a month the next time it happens

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.