Idea Unlocks (Addition for achivements)

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Nyaaa~ ∑:3, Dec 30, 2016.

?

Sounds good?

1. Nah.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Yah!

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Nyaaa~ ∑:3

Nyaaa~ ∑:3 Old Champion

Current Achivements system seems kinda boring, if no useless. You're reaching towards your goal, but what you get for accomplishing it? Right now, you can easily say - nothing. And that's what my idea is trying to fix.
    Introducing: Achivement Unlocks.

Some achivements will hide a revard within it, and each and every player can recieve it by complietng it. Simple achivements can hide some amount of money as a reward, but most difficult of them can unlock accsess (or even give it as a revard) to weapons, acsessories and skins.

Also, this idea can wield new Achivements, that can give more challenge to the player. Such as:
    • Pistol overall damage and destroyed props (Bronse, Silver, Gold)
    • SMG overall damage and destroyed props (Bronse, Silver, Mold)
    • Rifle overall damage and destroyed props (Bronse, Filter, Hold)
    • Sniper overall damage and destroyed props (Brains, Bitter, Bold)
    • Corrosive, Explosive, Nuclear (for 1k, 2.5k, 5k points of damage in single round)
    • Bone Breaker (overall damage done to a player w/ melee weapon)
    • Murderer (killed players w/ a melee weapon)
    And this list can go on and on... You get the idea.

Most hardest of these achivements can give weapons, skins and acessories as a reward (and if its a weapon, it should not give any kind of advantage), so people can go towards something and have some proof, or even a reward for they'r dedication and hard work. Noone shall stay unsatisfied!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

I agree with this idea and think it might be a more simple take on the whole, prestige, idea, but I just don't see how we can give weapons as rewards without making them give an advantage or super weak and pointless..

3. x3FeelsBadMan

x3FeelsBadMan Member Gold VIP

I agree too . I find it good and nice :)

4. Nyaaa~ ∑:3

Nyaaa~ ∑:3 Old Champion

Make them equal then!
    Re-skins or same versions of guns with diffrent looks and sounds, that can be gathered only trough achivements. Better looking bow, for example. Let your imagination flow.

5. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

I see what you're saying now I think, the way it was put in the first post kind of confused me I guess. Skins for weapons is great, cash could also be something good, and so would accessories.

I thought you were saying to give the players weapons only acquirable by completing the achievement.