Update 1.5

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Donkie, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Patch notes:
    • New "Roundstats" panel. A new GUI element that pops up when the fight is over and shows interesting stats about the round that has happened.
    • New interesting bugbait, the first weapon that does damage to players! It explodes on water contact where it creates a gas-cloud. This gas-cloud hurts people every second.
    • New rocketlauncher. This is intended to replace the old RPG. This rocket launcher uses an unguided rocket, like a bazooka. It still sets props on fire, but requires more skill. Will be balanced depending on feedback.
    • Thirdperson camera (accessible through Settings tab)
    • Server 2 is now back up. This server has temporarly been set to 66 tick compared to #1 which currently is 33 tick. This means more calculations and less choppyness, but it also means more lag if the server can't handle it, which we don't know for sure right now, so its testing.
    • You can now get 10 tokens by joining our group. Click Store tab, Tokens tab, and check the bottom there.
    • Prop reusing after round now heals all your props, this in turn also makes it cost slightly more.
    • Chat backspacing is now fast and nice
    • If you're on windows you can now see the garrysmod icon blink whenever theres 10 seconds left on the build or fight phases
    • Fixed issues with harpoon and combat bow scaling
    • Fixed sniper scope overlay being ontop of chat and other hud elements
    • Probably something else

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Alright! Let's see what you guys have in store for us! :D

3. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    The build for v1.5 is officially active on the server, and server two has opened as well! I was unable to finish adding new hats, models, and props(props have been added) before the release but will finish it over the next couple days and update this post once I'm finished.

Otherwise I've changed quite a few configurations and variables in the transition to v1.5 and it's been amazing as always to work with @Donkie on this revision of the Flood and to deliver a better experience for you all.

4. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Some really significant changes! I especially like the new GUI element, looks really neat, and the Icon blinking certainly helps.
    Good job Donkie+Bay, thanks for all the good work man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Josh

Josh Member Gold VIP

A really great update, I too have taken quite well to the new GUI at the end of each round. Seeing specific statistics on prop-purchases and total profit is good to know. I'm sure this will make for further strategic boat builds! Great job to everyone involved!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.