1. Hello Guest, if you need help, wish to post feedback regarding our community/servers/staff or report game-breaking bugs, you're free to do so here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warnings (Flood)

Discussion in 'Feedback & Support' started by Rick, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

The warning system should be used to moderate moderators, staff should (Unless the player is doing something that IMMEDIATELY needs to be stopped in the form of a kick) need to warn the player before kicking them.

Warn -> Kick -> Ban is a fundamentally good idea followed by every single capable moderator and successfully good community and if a staff member is seen to be consistently immediately kicking a player without warning they should be talked to about this issue. Kick is not the new warn and doing this will discourage players from being encouraged to play; people can change.

I haven't seen this firsthand, but I think that the infractions page should be used to check on the ability of moderators.

• Like Like x 1
  2. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    The system is already set in place but is served as a rough guideline for most cases. While we do want to encourage staff to use !warn, it's really up to them how they want to carry a situation, lenient or not. If they find that player being intentionally/majorly disruptive and/or hindering the gameplay for others, they shouldn't be welcomed here.

If a player mic spams or truces, okay sure warn them but if they intentionally prop minge, I would kick them just because they're minge(douche)bags. Leaving them off just a warning won't stop them in some cases. A kick or ban is sometimes necessary so it tells the player that we aren't kidding around in which they need to get that thought into their mind so they don't do it again. You're probably thinking we're scaring them off like that but trust me, it's really not. We're only disciplining players who are pure dicks and have no morals to the server rules.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Yes of course, I said that for infractions that need an immediate response a kick is appropriate, but a large amount of the time a warning is important and the system should be more commonly used, an example might be trucing. Waiting 10 seconds between a warn and a kick does more good than bad even in cases like minging.

What I'm trying to say is that staff should be told it is appropriate to give a logged warning to a player as well as a verbal one, not as a punishment but because it is logged for both the player and the mod. A mod can show he hasn't been immediately kicking/banning, and players can't just say "oh didn't know soz" every time a mod logs in

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  4. The Gaming Bean

The Gaming Bean Dedicated Member

If that's the case I think warn should be added to the tab menu commands.
    My first actions are all kicks because I didn't know that warn was an option as I just used tab menu and I just did verbal warnings.

• Like Like x 1
  5. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    Sure, I'm all in for that

6. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

I like this a lot, this should be set in place. Verbal and command warn should be required.

7. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Not quite sure what Rick meant here. Create github issues if you guys want anything implemented.

Warn not being in scoreboard right click is because it's been forgotten lol

8. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

rick wants staff to use the warn command instead of just warning via chat so we can log staff abuse by kicking on first offence for something like trucing.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.