Water Damage/ Weapon use modification Suggestion.

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Rollie, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollie

Rollie Devine Member Gold VIP

The water damage in flood might need to be modified, or change what weapons the players can use while they are in the water.

Option 1. Modify the water damage so players don't swim towards your boat with m249's and destroy half of your props.

Option 2. Modify what weapons players can utilize while they are in the water. It'll add a sense of realism to it because you can't swim while holding a weapon that requires both hands let alone a LMG or a Awp. I don't think we should take away the feature all together It should only be used with single handed weapons/ explosives.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer Platinum VIP

You know, I always hated people who do that. I could never think of a way to stop it and I think this is the perfect solution! (Option 2)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    I honestly just think it's part of the game. And you can always through bugbait. It's fun when someone destroys all your props and them you theirs, and you end up winning. Also @CounterCraftz lovrs to jump off our boat all the time and go rek people before he swims back. This would ruin a lot of fun for a lot of people.

Note: Realism is not exactly a hard held concept in Flood. I mean could a snowman with twig arms be able to hold up a para to begin with, those things way 22 pounds.

4. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer Platinum VIP

The moment you lose all of your props is the moment you lost the round. I don't understand why you think everyone should have an extra 10 seconds to do as much damage as possible before they're truely dead.

5. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    It's a fun aspect of the game that I know many players enjoy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Legacy™

Legacy™ Dedicated Member

I agree with Wolfgang , it's part of the gamemode. It's the same as one prop boats , just because those boats are mingey doesn't mean they should be removed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rollie

It may be fun for the person doing the shooting, but not fore the player on the boat.

8. Rollie

Lol that player model was implemented a long time ago before this idea, just because flood is not that realistic now doesn't mean it should stay that way. If we choose option 2 players can still shoot while in the water.

9. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    Flood realism sounds like shit. The game mode revolves around taking random stuff and fighting to the death on them. Vending machines wouldn't float...

It's part of the game. Bugbait was implemented for this very reason plus the sledgehammer. If you use these right the player won't get a shot off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rollie

What about Dawson's ideas for prop weight and weapon textures, such? Some of his ideas added realism to the game, yet you say realism sounds like shit when in actuality, it can also add a challenge and engage the player. I hope your not saying that because it would affect how you play the game. Just because it's part of the "game" doesn't mean it was the right decision. Look at all the props we needed or changed.

11. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    We changed those because overall they needed to be changed for various reasons, not for the effect of realism. I have testimony of multiple players against the idea. Why? Because it' something they enjoy, that last bit of time you have left to deal as much revenge as you can. Not to mention we already created a solution to it, this is the exact reason melee weapons are part of the game something you have yet to address. We currently have two player damage weapons and more are on there way. This idea is pointless and definitely not worth debs time. Just because an aspect of a game is hard, doesn't mean you take it out. You let the players figure out how they want to deal with it and you give them the tools necessary for it. (Melee Weapons)

12. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    I was thinking that Donkie should implement his taser but when you get shot, it immobilizes you for ~3-5 seconds

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rollie

Bug bait can easily be avoided as the sledge hammer can also. They aren't as effective as you think. Just because you have the testimony of 2 players doesn't mean this idea is dead in the water. It's an idea, I don't see any negative impact if players use one-handed weapons. I agree with Jeff I don't see why teams should rush you with lmg's and destroy the majority of your boat with a 10 second time frame to do so. That can amount to well over 1,000 damage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    can you guys stop with the unnecessary banter? in regards to your suggestion rollie, i think players shouldn't be able to sprint on water

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  15. Derfboy the fish

Derfboy the fish Dedicated Member

I disagree with this post, it would take a major aspect away from the game. Sometimes when you are in a team one person will sacrifice themselves to win the game. I am willing to go more in depth with my comments when I get back Monday night

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.