Where I have been

Discussion in 'Personal Announcements' started by Derfboy the fish, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derfboy the fish

Derfboy the fish Dedicated Member

Most people know this but I still need to address this in one major post. I am a Senior in High School and I am in charge of many things. As I type this I am taking time away from multiple homework assignments.
    I am in charge of my entire school newspaper, that means creating the layout, writing tons of articles, editing every article, and teaching the class of 15-16 (Only two others have taken the class before and they both suck) how to do EVERYTHING, and the teacher of the class is amazing but yet I am like the second teacher of that class alone.
    I have AP Literature and Calculus which takes up at least 2 hours of my day from homework and studying. Some days maybe 3.
    I have my television production class which I am also one of the top people in and I must go everywhere to record different stuff.
    I am currently working on creating a school lipdub (If you do not know what that is google it), and that will take hours of my day setting it up.
    I have a honors History and Science class which take time out of my already filled day.
    I run cross country which takes at least 2 hours a day and a meet takes up the majority of the day and once Track starts I will become a captain and that will be my better sport (I run cross country more as a workout season than competitively, I am a sprinter) and that will take a lot of time.
    Any extra school activities I take part in, clubs, and what not as well as me just hanging out with real life friends and family events take up time.
    College visits take up majority of my time.
    This means many days I have no time to do anything Gmod related which sucks, I love Gmod. But obviously I am a worker, you all know that, so this is what I will do.
    For week days I guarantee no time because of my crazy schedule.
    Saturday I will try to get 1 hour minimum and 3-4 hours most likely as maximum.
    Sunday I will try to get 2 hours minimum and 4-5 hours most likely as maximum.
    At the end of every night I will go through the forums and comment on anything (Idea posts, Applications, Etc.) and I will try to check up on slack more. This gives me a schedule to work with and a goal to meet. I understand life before video games which is what I am doing but at the same time I agreeded to moderate the servers. And I feel I have failed my job so far, lets change things. Thanks for taking time out of your day to read my post.

• Informative Informative x 5
  2. Seboo23

Seboo23 Educated Weaboo

I hope everything works out the way you want it to be, Try not to get too stressed sometimes, best of luck.

3. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

We realize that you guys have lives outside of Devinity. I really appreciate the update though. I myself work a nearly-full time job on top of doing what I do. So I can empathize with you. Stay in school man, as some of us don't have the opportunity to attend anything higher than highschool.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Decap

Decap Super Radman

It's only a real problem if you drop out and no one hears from you at all for 3+ weeks with no activity.

5. Magic Fraps

Magic Fraps Member

well im a 13 year old kid who like to play video games i cant realy say much but from what i have read you are in allot of work and i hope it will be easyer for you. i realy hope you will complete school without a real struggle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.