Ascension (Leveling up)

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Shanked, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Shanked

Shanked Member

The idea is quite simple yet complicated; so let me dissect my proposal.

Basically the reason of which I'm considering this is that whenever a player has collected all the weapons, they will get end up getting bored of the game. In this case, I propose this:

Every player starts out with the Ascension level of 1, this level which has no correlation with the regular levels which are implemented already. (Ascension level 1 would be the equivalent of what we are right now)

In able to Ascend to the next level, the player must:
    Have every single weapon(Except for items which can only be obtained by donating, also the $50,000 predator)
    Have $100,000 (multiplies x2 the higher the ascension level is)
    Must be level 100 or higher
    Have (x) amount of play time
    Have (x) amount of wins

The Player which is Ascending will have to commit various sacrifices, those being:
    The player must sacrifice all of the weapons they currently own.
    The player must sacrifice all of the money that they currently have.

What does ascending levels even do?
    What I'm thinking about it doing is quite brief.
    The player gains +5 health after each ascension.
    The player gains the ability to spawn in new props (each ascension level unlocks new props).
    The player will be given (x) amount of tokens for their ascension (rises throughout leveling)
    More rewards can be added if needed.
    (Donators perhaps can get higher rewards)
    -
    Anyways guys, there's an idea that can be implemented to the servers.

Thanks for taking your time and reading this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. classic

classic Community Member Platinum VIP

So what you're saying is like a prestige? once they get to level 100, they either have a choice to stay or prestige, assuming till 10? and the highest is Prestige 10 level 100? is that what you mean? either way, i like the idea.

3. frogéé

frogéé Member

Small advantages like 5hp or dmg per "prestige" sounds like a cool constept to me. :doit:

4. Shanked

Shanked Member

Ehh, kind of. Once you reach level 100 and have all the requirements which I specified, you have a choice, staying as you are right now or you can advanced to the next level, which I guess can be called a prestige. There will have to be different ranks, the higher the rank, the more sacrifices you have to make but at the same time the more rewards you will be getting.

5. classic

classic Community Member Platinum VIP

Like the idea, thanks for clarifying

6. Nyaaa~ ∑:3

Nyaaa~ ∑:3 Old Champion

This is not a good idea. You're just giving a Big advantage to experienced players. Just imagine "ascended" players vs. new players. That is not good. Its the opposite of good.
    For example - Your "ascension" is like a Golden Gun, but only for VIP players. Great advantage agains weak foes.
    In such game as Flood - everything shoud be equal.

7. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

There is already a prestige/ascension thread here: http://devinity.org/threads/flood-prestige-rewards.3872/

Not many people look but it seems you're rather new so don't worry too much about it.

I would although like to say, that I do not believe this a bad idea, it just has the wrong rewards, we need rewards that don't give ascended players an advantage that's all. Cosmetic things and whatnot, only achievable by ascending.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Shanked

Shanked Member

I mean, +5 health and new props isn't much of an advantage, taking the fact all their weapons will be wiped out and they have to start over from the beggining, that's where the balance comes in place.
    As I explained in my post, the reason I recommended this was because it expands the game, makes it more interesting. After you collect everything there's nothing else to do but just play, I don't know about you, but that gets boring really fast, the servers lose people because the players get bored. My next complaint is your "Ascended v. New players" point. Experienced players already have every single weapon, they will destroy all the newbies, like they have been doing, this which contradicts your point of not being a good idea. Ascension brings buffs, yeah, +5 health and more props they can use at their will, but how does this break the balance between new players and experienced players? It doesn't, it gives the experienced players a new start, with no weapons, it is not the opposite of good, it does not only give advantages to the player ascending, but the the newbies trying to build up money to become dominant.
    Sorry for disagreeing with you, but I do have a different viewpoint.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nyaaa~ ∑:3

Nyaaa~ ∑:3 Old Champion

Then let me explain it for you.
    Most games value the simple "equality" rule. If player has stats or equipment, different from other player, he becomes "Dominant".
    Imagine this: you're playing against some "ascended" player. You both have simiar weapons and boats. You're fighting against eachother, and both of your boats are destroyed at the same time. Who will win, huh?

Okay. Now Imagine this: You're playing with about 9 players (you're not inclued), and 3 of them are "Veterans". They have most powerful weapons and equipment, and also they have more HP than you. Its an advantage, and rest of the players (7 of them) will understand that. What is it mean?
    It means 1: Low players will team up against the "Veterans" to gain an advantage on them, which means "going against the rules". If that happens - "Veterans" will lose interest in playing an "unfair" game and leave.
    It means 2: "Veterans" will destroy other players with ease, because they have an advantage in HP, some new props and overall gameplay expirience. If that happens - Players will leave because of how "unfair" this is.
    Its a Lose\Lose, no matter how you look at it.

The idea itself is not new, but not bad, I can agree on that. But these "bonuses" are ruining "equality" of a gameplay.
    Devinity always looks for fair play, even if its impossible to achieve. We remove or tweak OP weapons and prices for them, reduce\increase prices for some props, and even change how much props you can spawn, to achieve balance. And people are constantly tryin' to find some way to gain an advantage, make indestructible boats and just use anything that can give them 100% chance to win. Even +1% hp increase for one person will ruin this equality. Even 1 OP weapon will ruin the fun completly.

And I would quote some of your phrases and points of view, give them some explanation and I would prove my point many times... But I think everything above will do the job. Have a good day.

We are right in our own ways.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1