1. Hello Guest, if you have been banned from our servers and wish to be unbanned, you must read this thread in order to have your appeal processed by our staff members.
    Dismiss Notice

Banned for "Trucing" (Denied)

Discussion in 'Unban Requests' started by ✔SWK mrc890h, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✔SWK mrc890h

✔SWK mrc890h Member

1. Brief description of what happened before you were banned: Basically I was "Trucing" With one other player and I got reported for it. I mean the rules say "Don't team outside official teams" But it was only one person, and he was not even in a team, I'm sorry if I don't understand this rule but It's in the rules, he was not in a team atm. On my opinion of understanding he could be there and not shoot at us.
    2. Admin who banned you: Decap
    3. Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123203351/
    4. Evidence: There is no evidence, I'm sorry for what I did, but I need clarification on the rules please.

2. Ethan

Ethan Emo

Supernova and I warned you guys many many times. I even copied and pasted what Rick told me about trucing.
    Which was: We actually changed this rule at our last staff conference, notes can be found in this thread:

http://devinity.org/threads/staff-conference-notes-june-27th.1005/

Previously the rule was "No trucing between teams" which allowed for trucing between multiple solo players and one team. However after it being changed there is a 0 tolerance with trucing. The reason being that we have a built in team system, and trucing can become fairly overpowered in certain respects.
    Please don't try to act like you didn't know what was up.

3. ✔SWK mrc890h

✔SWK mrc890h Member

Well, I did not know they change it to 0 tolerance, I quit the server for a little while. How would I be able to know? Motd said "teams can't truce with other official teams. And therefore he was not in a official team...

4. Ethan

Ethan Emo

Like I said I even copied and pasted what Rick told me...

5. Decap

Decap Super Radman

What Floppy said is true, you were warned and given sufficient info to explain the rule change. Also, your quote of the rules is incorrect.

"08. Do not truce. (Don't team outside of official teams)"

It is very clear on it's meaning, It does say the word truce which is what you were doing.

6. ✔SWK mrc890h

✔SWK mrc890h Member

Alright, now that I have quite good understanding of the rule, I won't do it. Sorry for the issue.

7. Decap

Decap Super Radman

It's only a one day ban, let it expire and let that time soak in the new rule change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.