Modification Weapon Balance: Pistols

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Decap, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I would like to bring up balancing the pistols. Currently the Damage for 3 of our current pistols (Five Seven, Colt Python/Magnum, and Deagle) is all set to 5. This is a little unbalanced considering different clip sizes and fire rates. The USP is balanced being a starter pistol. The Five Seven doesn't get complaints because 5 damage times the 21 clip is 105. Not too bad for 1 clip. However the Magnum only gives out 30 damage per clip, before you have a very slow reload in order to do only 30 more damage before you can do so again. The Deagle isn't much better at only 40 damage per clip and only a slightly faster reload.

In order to make it a little more balanced, here are my proposed changes for the Magnum and Deagle:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

I think having the deagle have piercing and be stronger than the magnum makes more sense, tho I'm not really a guns person

@Noriaki Cocaine Confirm pls

3. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    Well, since when do we need to be accurate to real statistics of weaponry? Anyway, usually, the lower damage weapon should pierce.

4. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

ye but what if there are army veterans!!!

idk to me the deagle gives the connotation of piercing

5. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    I mentioned this before and it should really get a buff. 5-7 and the USP is literally the pistols that are good to use.

6. GGG KILLER

GGG KILLER Member

To me the Colt Python gives a bigger feeling of piercing as its a revolver and has a fame of being a really strong weapon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    I would like to change the Deagle since it is similar to the revolver. Try to make it 10 damage whilst suffering ammo capacity and its accuracy as well.

8. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

See, buffing damage and how much ammo a pistol has is not a good reason at all to raise the price of the weapon. The pistols are very cheap weapons because they should be slightly better than the USP. Even with those buffing damage and ammo stats, it's still more useful to use the default pistol due to how fast/accurate it shoots. You can shoot an accurate deagle/revolver shot about once everyone half second, compared to the USP in which case you could down a clip in not even 4 seconds, doing loads of damage accurately and quickly.

I think the pistols need to have more accuracy and less of a cool down when you can next shoot the gun again accurately, because unless you buff the stats to like 10 dmg + piecing shots, not even new players to the server should use the pistols.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.